[resolved] pass tfileproperties schema to tmysqlinput

hi

how to pass tfileproperties schema value
dirname
size
md5
to tmysqlinput query
the flow is like as below
tfilelist----->iterate---->tfileproperties------>iterate------>tmysqlinput------>if--true---->tfilecopy
in query i want to give like this
select 1 from table_size where filename='"+((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE"))+"' and size= ;
for size i want tfileproperties size value to be passed. how to achieve it ???

And also how to pass this value "1" in query to a variable of tmysqlinput ,just giving a variable in the schema serve the purpose??

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] pass tfileproperties schema to tmysqlinput

Hi,
For infinite loop
You can design a job like that:
tInfiniteLoop (set some time) --------> tIterateToFlow --------> tRunJob
In your subjob(trunjob), put your workflow into
tfilelist---->iterate--->tfileproperties----->row(main)---->tflowtoiterate--->iterate--->tmysqlinput---->tflowtoiterate------>if---->tfilecopy
Even if your subjob (tRunJob) fails, it will loop back, hold on for a few seconds and re -run your job again.
That means you should create 2 separate jobs. One job for the tmysqlinput workflow and trigger of tfilecopy and the other one aim at loop.
Does it satisfy your requirement?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hi,
If I understand you well, the query should be:
"select 1 from table_size where filename='"+((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE"))+"' and size="+row.size
Where is your value 1 come from? It is fixed or dynamic?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

hi

the value one is fixed here ,the logic is this if select query has value for file name and size passed i shud get one else no value so . The row.size will it give tfileproperties size value ??

Hi,

The row.size will it give tfileproperties size value ??

To make it clear, I have designed a demo job.
tfilelist-->iterate-->tfileproperties-->main-->tflowtoiterate-->tmysqlinput-->tlogrow
See my screenshots.
Is it what you are looking for?
Best regards
Sabrina

--
One Star

the row.size is not working and if i want to use if trigger condition for that value "one" returned from select query how to specify in java code in if condition code part . how to do it ??
Highlighted

Hi,
What's your expected result from tmysqlinput? And your condition(Run if.....)?It seems you want to trigger a subjob(tfilecopy) if there is a result returned(value one)?
For example:
I want to trigger the subjob if there is a/no processed row in workflow
Set the condition of RunIf:
!((Integer)globalMap.get("tMysqlInput_1_NB_LINE"))==0 or ((Integer)globalMap.get("tMysqlInput_1_NB_LINE"))==0

Could you give us more info about your current job and paste your job design screenshots into forum. There may be better solution for your case.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

hi sabrina

thank you for the reply i used what u said in if condition its working fine Smiley Happy
i changed the job as follows

twaitforfile--->iterate--->tfilelist---->iterate--->tfileproperties----->row(main)---->tflowtoiterate--->iterate--->tmysqlinput---->tflowtoiterate------>if---->tfilecopy

this is the query in tmysqlinput
select 1 from ETL_SIZE where filename='"+((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE"))+"' and size="+row2.size
in if condition
((Integer)globalMap.get("tMysqlInput_1_NB_LINE"))==1

its working fine but i want to run the job in infinite loop, if i connect tinfiniteloop to twaitforfile will it work or is it correct ??

Hi,
For infinite loop
You can design a job like that:
tInfiniteLoop (set some time) --------> tIterateToFlow --------> tRunJob
In your subjob(trunjob), put your workflow into
tfilelist---->iterate--->tfileproperties----->row(main)---->tflowtoiterate--->iterate--->tmysqlinput---->tflowtoiterate------>if---->tfilecopy
Even if your subjob (tRunJob) fails, it will loop back, hold on for a few seconds and re -run your job again.
That means you should create 2 separate jobs. One job for the tmysqlinput workflow and trigger of tfilecopy and the other one aim at loop.
Does it satisfy your requirement?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

hi

yes , thank you sabrina for your suggestion

Hi,
Don't hesitate to post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now