[resolved] oracle 11g connection

Highlighted
One Star

[resolved] oracle 11g connection

any one can tell me how to create connection for oracle data base . i am connecting using toracle input, i provide every thing but it asking for additional jdbc perameters. can any one tell me what is this additional jdbc perameters.

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] oracle 11g connection

Hi.
Generally speaking, SID is instance name in order to identify DB.
You can get it from DB:
In Windows, select instance_name from V$instance (usually, sid is as same as your DB name).
The DB connection should be OK without Additional parameters.
You'd better make a research about DB parameter on website to get a professional answer.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hi,
What oracle DB type are you connect to? OCI, RAC, SID or service name? Could you please upload your Database Connection screenshot into forum?(hidden secret message )
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

i am using oracle with SID . could u please tell me what i need to provide for SID and Additional parameters.
here i am attaching my screen shot for db connection.

Hi.
Generally speaking, SID is instance name in order to identify DB.
You can get it from DB:
In Windows, select instance_name from V$instance (usually, sid is as same as your DB name).
The DB connection should be OK without Additional parameters.
You'd better make a research about DB parameter on website to get a professional answer.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

thankyou sabrina . its working

Hi,
Thanks for your response, feel free post your issue and difficulty on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I am trying to connect Oracle 11g database from Talend 3.2 version using tOracleConnection Task.
But when i am trying to fetch table through toracleinput task by using the above connection i am getting connection failure.
Please help asap.
Does this version supports to conenct Oracle11g.

Hi,
Talend 3.2 version

Talend 3.2 version or Talend 5.3.2? If former, it is a quite old version and you'd better take a try in latest one(Talend 5.4.1) to see if it repro?. Is there any connection error info on console?
Best regards
Sabrina
--

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch