[resolved] logging Talend job error on a Database by using tassertcatcher

One Star

[resolved] logging Talend job error on a Database by using tassertcatcher

Hello,
I am using tassertcatcher component to log errors into a database ,and using tstatcatcher to log stats of every job.
When I run any jobs with error  , tassertcatcher  component does not log the origin (i.e. Job Name) it is storing null value.
tstatcatcher component do that ,But I dont want to log stat for each component .
I want to log Origin (Job Name) in database by using tassertcatcher component so that I can track it later.
Please suggest me how can I get that information for logging  .
Thanks!
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] logging Talend job error on a Database by using tassertcatcher

Hi 
The origin column stores the component name on which the exception occurs, we usually use the special component tLogCatcher to log the errors.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi 
The origin column stores the component name on which the exception occurs, we usually use the special component tLogCatcher to log the errors.
Best regards
Shong

Hello ,
Thanks for your reply.
tlogcatcher listen to tdie component and for that I need to add tdie in flow for each components on Error Event.
but tassertcatcher automatic listen the error and only run when error occurs.
So please suggest me how to manage with tassertcatcher or how to implement the logging system for  logging system and custom error message with complete details.
Thanks!
Community Manager

Hi
tLogCatcher can listen to three log types: tDie, Java exception and tWarn component, the type column in the schema indicates the log type, we always use tLogCatcher instead of tAssertCatcher to capture the Java exception.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business