[resolved] how to pass a context from child job to parent job

Four Stars

[resolved] how to pass a context from child job to parent job

Hi,
I want to pass a context variable which was generated in a child job to a parent job.
I have attached screen shots of the same. j_AVI_Token is the child job and load address is the parent job
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ashwin

Accepted Solutions
Sixteen Stars

Re: [resolved] how to pass a context from child job to parent job

Take a look at the tBufferOutput component. You can use that to pass datarows from child to parent. You can then use the tContextLoad component in the parent to load the context variable after it has been output in a datarow.

All Replies
Sixteen Stars

Take a look at the tBufferOutput component. You can use that to pass datarows from child to parent. You can then use the tContextLoad component in the parent to load the context variable after it has been output in a datarow.
Four Stars

Hi Rhall,
I tried doing that but the input schema should be the same for tbufferoutput to work. I need all the columns from the db input and should be carried forward thru the txmlmap and to the target.
Thanks,
Ashwin
Sixteen Stars

I'm not sure what you mean. Looking at your jobs the flows look a bit messed up. Why do you have a row from your ChorusDB component to your child job? Your child job is not going to receive anything from that row? Why put the child job there? It is also not going to pass anything anything out.