[resolved] generate a documentation of a job

One Star

[resolved] generate a documentation of a job

hello,
my name is Maik an I must work with the Talend Open Studio. I generate a html-documentation like the description.
My question is question...I generate the html-file and the links/connection in this html file don´t working. I must scroll to the topic that I want.
Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong?
sincerely
Maik
(if on this internetpage a same topic than give me please the link)

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] generate a documentation of a job

Hi Maik kessel,
what is the latest version of the talend studio that support perl?

Beginning with release 5.0, Talend Open Studio for Data Integration no longer supports Perl. See Jira issue TDI-17310 for more information. If you have a subscription to an older version, you will still receive support for your Perl projects as long as your version continues to be supported.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi Maik,
Thanks for posting here.
Do you get an error message when clicking on the link? or just nothing happens?
What version of Talend Open Studio are you using?
This looks like a bug; You may want to report it in our JIRA bugtracker, Talend DI project: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI
One Star

Hi esabot,
Thanks for your answer.
I use the version 4.2.0 of Talend Open Studio and the link does not work ? no error message.
Thanks for your help.
sincerely
Maik
sincerely
One Star

Hi esabot,
Thanks for your answer.
I use the version 4.2.0 of Talend Open Studio and the link does not work ? no error message.
Where can I report my questions on the JIRA bugtracker ? how it works?
Thanks for your help.
sincerely
Maik

Hi Maik,
You can log in our jira :https://jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa, and then click on the button "Create issue", choosing the proper Project and Issue type.(as my screenshot shows)
Our developer will review your bug and work on it, thanks for your dedication.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Community Manager

Hi Maik
I got the same problem on v5.2.1, please report a bug in our JIRA bugtracker and add the issue link here, it will be convenient for community users to monitor it.
Thanks!
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Maik,
You can log in our jira :https://jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa, and then click on the button "Create issue", choosing the proper Project and Issue type.(as my screenshot shows)
Our developer will review your bug and work on it, thanks for your dedication.
Best regards
Sabrina

hi,
bevor i will create an issue a I have a little question...is your service for free?
because you said that the developer is working on it.
I'm a little careful, I hope you understand this :-)
Maik
Community Manager

Yes, the JIRA bugtracker is a Community tool where users can report their issues to Talend Development team. It is free for users (you can log in using the same details as in the Forum).
Users take a bit of their time to describe their issues and Developers try to reproduce them and fix them for the next release.
This bugtrakcer helps Talend R&D team discovering issues.
One Star

hi,
I aksed a developer an he said that the problem (links in the html documentation don´t work) could be a bug and in the latest version of the Talend open studio the bugs are solved. But the latest version support just java not perl and I had a perl program. Had anyone an idea what is the latest version of the talend studio that support perl?
How way do you use to documentate a job? Do you use the html documenation?
A member of the comunity said that isn´t another way to documentate a job.

Thanks
Maik
Community Manager

Well I can't remember exactly when we removed Perl from our distributions, but I searched our JIRA: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-8221 and it seems that the latest version with Perl was 4.2
If you get the 4.2 (which is already 2 years old), and switch on the Perl feature as described in the JIRA issue: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-8221 you should be able to try it.
but I cannot ensure that the links issue in HTML was fixed by then.
Just curiosity what version of Talend Open Studio, do you have currently?
One Star

Hi,
thanks for your answer.
I work with the version 4.2.
Maik

Hi Maik kessel,
what is the latest version of the talend studio that support perl?

Beginning with release 5.0, Talend Open Studio for Data Integration no longer supports Perl. See Jira issue TDI-17310 for more information. If you have a subscription to an older version, you will still receive support for your Perl projects as long as your version continues to be supported.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Thanks for all your answers you solved my problems.
The Links are working when I open the html-file with the Internet Explorer.
The documentation of a job is working, too.
If I will have another problem with the TOS, I will visit this forum at first :-D
Thank you
sincerely
Maik