[resolved] error talend : For input string

One Star

[resolved] error talend : For input string

Hello,
i want to load data from an excel file into a mysql database.
I have this problem "For input string : 169.36" (when the value of the colum is for example 147,00 there is no pb, but when it's for example 178.36) i got the error above.

here is a screenshot of my job

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] error talend : For input string

This is common metadata issue..
when input column metadata does not matches with the defined metadata, this error will come...
Pl check metadata against the data for that particular record.
Vaibhav

Thank you very much. I was looking around for any solution but with no lucky, however you gave me the key. In fact, the problem was the metadata where I had a column with decimal values, defined as Integer. After I've changed this column to Double the problem has gone.

All Replies
Four Stars

when input column metadata does not matches with the defined metadata, this error will come...
Vaibhav
One Star

thank you for your response Sir,
How can i view the metadata?
Seventeen Stars

hi,
click on "schema" for in/output component or on any flow.
regards
laurent
One Star

i still have this issue , but when i don(t get this error anymore but when i insert the value 126.14 i get 12614, how can i solve this pb
Seventeen Stars

be sure that all rows have the same structure.
as sanvaibhav said, it's a metadata problem. Your try to read some data with a wrong structure.
If you cannot find the wrong one, use tSchemaCompliancecheck against expected structure and catch reject + error that show yous where problem(s) 's occured.
hope it help
regards
laurent
One Star

hi,
For that value data type in job you may have given INT. but your getting DECIMAL values.
There should be proper DATA TYPE between your data and file component.
from file component uncheck "Die on error", and give reject flow to one temporary file. then all rejected rows will be captured in that file.
Regards,
Akki
One Star

Vaibhav

Thank you very much. I was looking around for any solution but with no lucky, however you gave me the key. In fact, the problem was the metadata where I had a column with decimal values, defined as Integer. After I've changed this column to Double the problem has gone.