[resolved] error: impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale

One Star

[resolved] error: impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale

Hi
i'm tring to run a project in talend Open Studio for data integration, but i always get this error :
démarrage du job first_job a 10:15 15/04/2014.
Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale projet_erp.first_job_0_1.first_job
Job first_job terminé à 10:15 15/04/2014.
please can any one help me solde this issue ?

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] error: impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale

Hi,
The exception"could not find or load the main class " is usually caused by wrong java environment setting.
Have you ever run your job successfully in your talend studio?
Did you follow up document TalendHelpCenter:Installation requirements to set your studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hi,
The exception"could not find or load the main class " is usually caused by wrong java environment setting.
Have you ever run your job successfully in your talend studio?
Did you follow up document TalendHelpCenter:Installation requirements to set your studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Thank you very much for your answer, i've just solved my problem, it was a problem with the path to my workspace, so i created a new folder in my desktop and i signed it as my default workspace.
Regards
Mouad

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
Could you please mark this topic as "resolved" by clicking the "Set this topic as resolved" link which is right underneath your initial post?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

done !
Regards
Four Stars

Hi

I have the same problem

Démarrage du job RATTRAPAGE_CNUF_MEDIAS a 17:17 24/09/2018.
Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale stime.rattrapage_cnuf_medias_0_1.RATTRAPAGE_CNUF_MEDIAS
Job RATTRAPAGE_CNUF_MEDIAS terminé à 17:17 24/09/2018. [Code sortie=1]

I checked my settings about Java environment and it's good

I am using TOS for Data Integration version 5.6.1

Are there any other things to do ?

Thanks for your help

Hello @sklam

Is there any space and illegal character in your installation path? For example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Talend, the blank space will cause the error ' Could not find or load main class '.

Additionally, please ensure proper version of JDK is installed. For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE.

Don't hesitate to post your issue here.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hello

Thanks for your reply

There is no space or illegal character

Here is my installation path => D:\TOS_DI-20141207_1530-V5.6.1

I have JDK 7 installed on my computer and also JDK 8 for other programs

I launch TOS with this command : D:\TOS_DI-20141207_1530-V5.6.1\TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\bin" and it works fine

But when I want to execute a job I have this error

Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale stime.rattrapage_cnuf_medias_0_1.RATTRAPAGE_CNUF_MEDIAS

In Java settings on TOS, everything seems to be fine

Any other ideas ?

Thanks for your help

Five Stars

Hello, Had the same issue after migrating from 5.5 to 7.

When opening new version of Talend for the first time I didn't create a workspace and let Talend create it for me (during the "import existing project") in a directory like this : D:\Tos_ESB7\TOS_DI-Win32-20180411_1414-V7.0.1\workspace

With this configuration each job using a subjob crashes with error "impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale".

I build a new workspace, re-import my old 5..5 project and everything works fine !

So, the solution is : create your own workspace and don't let Talend build it for you ;-)