[resolved] download a component from the Talend exchange

One Star

[resolved] download a component from the Talend exchange

Hi,
I want to use the Java component that Daztop wrote and had it in the exchange.
Talend Exchange item by daztop] tUnpivotRow
When I download the component, there is a zip file with 4 files in it. They are tUnpivotRow_icon32.png, tUnpivotRow_java.xml, tUnpivotRow_main.javajet, and tUnpivotRow_messages.properties.
Where should I save these files and how do I implement the component in my Java job?
Thanks very much.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] download a component from the Talend exchange

just create a new directory where you'll put all the custom components like c:\MyComponents\tUnPivotRow.
In the studio, go to windows --> preferences --> Talend --> Components : in the path directory input "c:\MyComponents".
Restart the studio, the component should be in the palette
Employee

No user component path must point on the root folder which is "C:\MyComponents" and not directly to a specific component folders

All Replies
Employee

just create a new directory where you'll put all the custom components like c:\MyComponents\tUnPivotRow.
In the studio, go to windows --> preferences --> Talend --> Components : in the path directory input "c:\MyComponents".
Restart the studio, the component should be in the palette
One Star

Hi there,
I did exactly what you have advised. However, after I restart the studio, I don't see the component in the palette.
Thank you so much for your help.
Employee

Are you sure ? I just performed the test and the component is in "Processing" category.
One Star

Yes I am sure. I checked again and the component is not there. I just wonder if I miss anything.
In the studio, after I selected the User component folder which I have C:\MyComponents\tUnPivotRow, I clicked "Apply" button and clicked "OK". Is that correct? Then I restarted my studio. Does it matter with the version? I am using TOS 4.0.2.
Thanks again.
Employee

No user component path must point on the root folder which is "C:\MyComponents" and not directly to a specific component folders
One Star

Thanks a lot. I got it now.
One Star

Hi,
I did the same steps but still tUnpivotRow is not coming in my Palette. I am using talend in UNIX and cpasted folder in root/MyComponents.
Someone please help me on this.
Thanks

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch