[resolved] download a component from the Talend exchange

One Star

[resolved] download a component from the Talend exchange

Hi,
I want to use the Java component that Daztop wrote and had it in the exchange.
Talend Exchange item by daztop] tUnpivotRow
When I download the component, there is a zip file with 4 files in it. They are tUnpivotRow_icon32.png, tUnpivotRow_java.xml, tUnpivotRow_main.javajet, and tUnpivotRow_messages.properties.
Where should I save these files and how do I implement the component in my Java job?
Thanks very much.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] download a component from the Talend exchange

just create a new directory where you'll put all the custom components like c:\MyComponents\tUnPivotRow.
In the studio, go to windows --> preferences --> Talend --> Components : in the path directory input "c:\MyComponents".
Restart the studio, the component should be in the palette
Employee

No user component path must point on the root folder which is "C:\MyComponents" and not directly to a specific component folders

All Replies
Employee

just create a new directory where you'll put all the custom components like c:\MyComponents\tUnPivotRow.
In the studio, go to windows --> preferences --> Talend --> Components : in the path directory input "c:\MyComponents".
Restart the studio, the component should be in the palette
One Star

Hi there,
I did exactly what you have advised. However, after I restart the studio, I don't see the component in the palette.
Thank you so much for your help.
Employee

Are you sure ? I just performed the test and the component is in "Processing" category.
One Star

Yes I am sure. I checked again and the component is not there. I just wonder if I miss anything.
In the studio, after I selected the User component folder which I have C:\MyComponents\tUnPivotRow, I clicked "Apply" button and clicked "OK". Is that correct? Then I restarted my studio. Does it matter with the version? I am using TOS 4.0.2.
Thanks again.
Employee

No user component path must point on the root folder which is "C:\MyComponents" and not directly to a specific component folders
One Star

Thanks a lot. I got it now.
One Star

Hi,
I did the same steps but still tUnpivotRow is not coming in my Palette. I am using talend in UNIX and cpasted folder in root/MyComponents.
Someone please help me on this.
Thanks