[resolved] connection with sqlserver 2008 R2

One Star

[resolved] connection with sqlserver 2008 R2

hey,
I've been trying to connect with sql server 2008 but I couldn't, and I'm getting this errors... 

and it says that : I have to check if the TCP port are not blocked with a firewall...  well, no it's not !
what should I do ???
Echec de la connexion Vous devez modifier les paramètres de la base de données.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Échec de la connexion TCP/IP à l'hôte (local), port 1433. Erreur : « null. Vérifiez les propriétés de connexion. Assurez-vous qu'une instance de SQL Server est en cours d'exécution sur l'hôte et accepte les connexions TCP/IP au port. Vérifiez que les connexions TCP au port ne sont pas bloquées par un pare-feu. ».
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1092)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3953)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Échec de la connexion TCP/IP à l'hôte (local), port 1433. Erreur : « null. Vérifiez les propriétés de connexion. Assurez-vous qu'une instance de SQL Server est en cours d'exécution sur l'hôte et accepte les connexions TCP/IP au port. Vérifiez que les connexions TCP au port ne sont pas bloquées par un pare-feu. ».
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:190)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ConvertConnectExceptionToSQLServerException(SQLServerException.java:241)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.findSocket(IOBuffer.java:2243)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.open(IOBuffer.java:491)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1309)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:991)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:827)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1012)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
      ... 9 more

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] connection with sqlserver 2008 R2

problem resolved Smiley Happy , 
 Talend and SQL server are in the same machine so...
how I did it: on Sql server 
1 - server type :    database engine
2- server name :   127.0.0.1 
3- Authentication : Sql Server authentication
4- login :              sa
5- password :        *****   (any password you want )
then I went to Talend:
I did put the same specifications    ( specially the pass and login name)
thanks for your help Shong and vapukov

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi 
Please go to check that:
   1. The server name is misspelled or the port number is incorrect.
   2. SQL Server is not configured to use TCP/IP. Either enable TCP/IP from SQL Server's Network Utility app or have jTDS connect via named pipes (see the URL format for information on how to do this).
   3. There is a firewall blocking port 1433 on the server.
To check whether TCP/IP is enabled and the port is not blocked you can use "telnet <server_host> 1433". Until telnet doesn't connect, jTDS won't either. If you can't figure out why, ask your network administrator for help.
Aslo, have a try the sql server authentication and use the ip replace server name.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

thanks Shong,
- for the server name and the the port 1433 are working well, sql is connected on that port and the server name is (local)
- about  ... jTds via named pipes.. I don't know much about it Smiley Sad 
- telnet  < ... > 1433 it works.
Twelve Stars

thanks Shong,
- for the server name and the the port 1433 are working well, sql is connected on that port and the server name is (local)
- about  ... jTds via named pipes.. I don't know much about it Smiley Sad 
- telnet  < ... > 1433 it works.

connect SQL Server with name (local) mean - You are connect from same machine (think from studio?)
is Talend Also on same machine?
if not You must open Management Utility in SQL Server and check for Server Networks -> tcp/ip - what network interfaces enabled?
Even if You are select all - better do it manually and enable Each
Same with FireWall - connect to server (local) not describe nothing about FireWall, You must be sure it open for connect from Outside
-----------
One Star

problem resolved Smiley Happy , 
 Talend and SQL server are in the same machine so...
how I did it: on Sql server 
1 - server type :    database engine
2- server name :   127.0.0.1 
3- Authentication : Sql Server authentication
4- login :              sa
5- password :        *****   (any password you want )
then I went to Talend:
I did put the same specifications    ( specially the pass and login name)
thanks for your help Shong and vapukov