One Star

[resolved] changing the execution order of Subjobs

Hi,
How can I change and set the order of execution of subjobs within a job?
Thanx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fifteen Stars

Re: [resolved] changing the execution order of Subjobs

Do you want to fix a rigid order of processing or want something that can be dynamic? If it is the first, then all you need to do is start with the subjob you want to start with, right click on its first component, select "Trigger" then "On Subjob OK" and link it to the first component of the subjob you want to run next. Link each of your subjobs in that way and you will have a strict order.
If you want a dynamic order driven by some logic, that is possible using "Run If" triggers. However, it takes a little bit more thinking about and jobs can end up looking quite messy unless you break them down into a parent/child job structure.
Rilhia Solutions
4 REPLIES
Seven Stars

Can you post a picture of your job so we can see what you're doing thus far.
Thanks
Regards

David

Don't forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or the solution.
One Star

The subjobs are executed in the order of the order of components tOracleInput_1 ,tOracleInput_2,.... I need to change the order without re-creating the components so that tOracleInout_1 to be executed last.

Fifteen Stars

Do you want to fix a rigid order of processing or want something that can be dynamic? If it is the first, then all you need to do is start with the subjob you want to start with, right click on its first component, select "Trigger" then "On Subjob OK" and link it to the first component of the subjob you want to run next. Link each of your subjobs in that way and you will have a strict order.
If you want a dynamic order driven by some logic, that is possible using "Run If" triggers. However, it takes a little bit more thinking about and jobs can end up looking quite messy unless you break them down into a parent/child job structure.
Rilhia Solutions
One Star

Thanx it resolved my problem