[resolved] background coloring off on Linux

One Star

[resolved] background coloring off on Linux

I am running Data Integration 5.2.1.r95165 on Ubuntu 12.04.
There are two issue I'm having with colors:
(1) on the Component tab, the background for non-selected tabs (Advanced Settings, Dynamic Settings, View, Documentation) is dark gray, making it almost impossible to read the text.
(2) When an alert or warning icon shows up on a component, mousing over the alert icon displays a completely black dialog, hiding any text that may be there.
I've gone to Window > Preferences >> General >> Appearance >> Colors and Fonts. I changed every dark color to a light color, but these two items were completely unaffected.
Is there some other place to change these colors?

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] background coloring off on Linux

It was the system theme. The answer on this page lead me to the solution:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/70599/how-to-change-tooltip-background-color-in-unity
Thanks for the help!

All Replies

Hi etech,
Sorry for the delay, would you mind uploading your screenshots of issue 1 and issue 2 into the post so that we can address this issue asap.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Please see screenshots.

Hi etech,
Could you go to your Ubuntu 12.04.Appearance> Theme> Colors and then change the system back-group from black into other colors? In my opinion, it is the problem of system.
My environment is Ubuntu 10, which maybe different with Ubuntu 12.04,however, I think it should be in Appearance.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

It was the system theme. The answer on this page lead me to the solution:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/70599/how-to-change-tooltip-background-color-in-unity
Thanks for the help!

Hi,
It is very useful technology article for us to resolve such similar issue, thanks for your contribution.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Seventeen Stars

hi all,
here 's the solution i'm looking for a 'long' time ... great Smiley Happy
thanks a lot
regards
laurent