[resolved] adding an identity column in tMySqlOutput component

One Star

[resolved] adding an identity column in tMySqlOutput component

Hi: Gurus can some one tell me how to add an identity column to tMySqlOutput component. Actually I am reading an RSS feed through a tRSSInput component and trying to create and populate table at run time. While I am creting tables and entering rows I also wants to add an extra identity column as a key for each added entry. In advanced setting I can always add a column, but I am not sure how to instruct tMySqlOutput that the column is an identity column.
Thanks,
RJ

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] adding an identity column in tMySqlOutput component

Thanks Shong for follow up. I found good detail about how to set up the context variable in Talend Studio Guide. Before that I was not aware of the fact that you can define the local (job level) vs global context (Repository level). I was creating the context at Repository but not importing it to the component context, so when I use the intellisense (CTR + spacebar), I was not finding the variable define in the repository. Any way after figuring out the context issue, I have tried the whole process as you suggested and it worked like a charm. As a matter of fact after going through this exercise I really understand the true power of Talend. Thanks again for your expertise and advice.
Best Regards,
RJ.

All Replies
Community Manager

Hello RJ
First, we use a tMysqlTableList to iterate each table and compare them with the new table, check if the table exist in db, if not, create a new table contains one unique column with auto_increment, let's say that it is ID column.
For more info. see my screenshots.
code on tJava_1:
context.tableNonExsit=true;
String tableName="s5";
String currentTableName= ((String)globalMap.get("tMysqlTableList_1_CURRENT_TABLE"));
if(tableName.equals(currentTableName)){
context.tableNonExsit=false;
break;
}

sql on tMysqlRow:
"create table s5(ID int(11) unique auto_increment,
TITLE varchar(255),
DESCRIPTION varchar(255),
PUBDATE varchar(255),
LINK varchar(255))"

Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Shong thanks for your detail reply. But unfortunately I can not execute your instruction. When ever I define a context variable and try to use it from tJava component I got an error message saying this variable doesn't exist. It is quite frustrating, and I am not sure is it a bug in version 3.1 or am I doing some thing wrong.
Regards,
Rashid.
Community Manager

Hello
When ever I define a context variable and try to use it from tJava component I got an error message saying this variable doesn't exist.

To use a the context var on tJava, you can press ctrl+blank space and you will see a list of context vars, select one.
Can you upload some screenshots of your job? so I can know what you are doing.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks Shong for follow up. I found good detail about how to set up the context variable in Talend Studio Guide. Before that I was not aware of the fact that you can define the local (job level) vs global context (Repository level). I was creating the context at Repository but not importing it to the component context, so when I use the intellisense (CTR + spacebar), I was not finding the variable define in the repository. Any way after figuring out the context issue, I have tried the whole process as you suggested and it worked like a charm. As a matter of fact after going through this exercise I really understand the true power of Talend. Thanks again for your expertise and advice.
Best Regards,
RJ.