One Star

[resolved] Wrting Data from MS-SQL server to HDFS using Sqoop Component

I am using talend open studio,My job consists of sqoop and hdfsoutput. I am trying to push the data from ms-SQL server to hadoop hdfs using sqoop I have set the configurations.But when i run the job i get the below error
14/02/06 16:23:12 INFO tool.CodeGenTool: Beginning code generation
14/02/06 16:23:13 INFO manager.SqlManager: Executing SQL statement: SELECT t.* FROM AS t WHERE 1=0
14/02/06 16:23:13 INFO orm.CompilationManager: $HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME is not set
14/02/06 16:23:13 ERROR orm.CompilationManager: It seems as though you are running sqoop with a JRE.
14/02/06 16:23:13 ERROR orm.CompilationManager: Sqoop requires a JDK that can compile Java code.
14/02/06 16:23:13 ERROR orm.CompilationManager: Please install a JDK and set $JAVA_HOME to use it.
14/02/06 16:23:13 ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Could not start Java compiler.
at org.apache.sqoop.orm.CompilationManager.compile(CompilationManager.java:176)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.CodeGenTool.generateORM(CodeGenTool.java:83)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:390)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:476)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:145)
at sampleproj.sqoopconnect_0_1.SqoopConnect.tSqoopImport_1Process(SqoopConnect.java:435)
at sampleproj.sqoopconnect_0_1.SqoopConnect.tLibraryLoad_1Process(SqoopConnect.java:357)
at sampleproj.sqoopconnect_0_1.SqoopConnect.runJobInTOS(SqoopConnect.java:877)
at sampleproj.sqoopconnect_0_1.SqoopConnect.main(SqoopConnect.java:743)

JDK is installed in the system not jre still i am getting the above error.I have try to run the same thing using sqoop command line and i am able to run the job successfully. But when i run using talend the above error is displayed. Please guide as how to solve this error.
I am using CDH4.5 and Talend Open Studio For BigData 5.3.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] Wrting Data from MS-SQL server to HDFS using Sqoop Component

Hi bhobe.bhagwant,
For your problem ,you need to JDK(Java Developer Kit contains tools needed to develop the Java programs, and JRE to run the programs). Please refer to attachment.
4 REPLIES
Employee

Hi bhobe.bhagwant,
For your problem ,you need to JDK(Java Developer Kit contains tools needed to develop the Java programs, and JRE to run the programs). Please refer to attachment.
One Star

We already have JDK as well as JRE installed on both machine(on machine where the CDH installed as well as on the machine where we have talend installed).
Regards,
Bhagwant
Employee

Hi bhobe.bhagwant,
I know you have installed JDK in your machine,but for talend product default setting is JRE in my above attachment "Java interpreter" value. You can check it.
jjzhou
One Star

Hi jjzhou,
Very good finding.
Regards,
Vengat Maran.