One Star

[resolved] Workspace error: This workspace is already in use

Hi there,
I don't understand why I'm getting a workspace error saying "This workspace is already in use. You cannot launch the Studio more than once with the same workspace". I've attached a screenshot. This happens when I try to run the 64 bit version.
However, it does not happen when I launch the 32 bit version.
Thanks,
Facoda

• Data Integration
11 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] Workspace error: This workspace is already in use

Hi,
Could you  please check in the windows process management if you don't have another Talend Open Studio process in use?
Did your 32 bit studio have the same workspace with your 64 bit studio? If so, could you please change it?
Let me know your feedback.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Its strange. I have the 'TOS_MDM-Studio-r118616-V5.5.1' in two locations where the executable is in. In one location the 64bit runs fine in the other location the 64bit causes me the workspace problem.
But I want to run the 64 bit exe from my preferred location. There is obviously some conflict. I don't know how its cause or what is causing it. I don't think its a file lock either. Is it some default settings I need to edit.
preferred location: C:\Program Files\TOS_MDM-Server-r118616-V5.5.1\TOS_MDM-Studio-r118616-V5.5.1
working location: C:\Users\xxxxx.xxxx\Downloads\TOS_MDM-All-r118616-V5.5.1\TOS_MDM-Studio-r118616-V5.5.1\TOS_MDM-Studio-r118616-V5.5.1
Thanks,
Facoda
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
This is strange. I thought the path to the workspace would be in some config file somewhere.
But anyway, I just copied the current workpace folder and named it workspace2. workspace is assigned to 32bit and workspace2 is assigned to 64bit. And now it seems to work.
Thanks,
Facoda

Hi,
Don't use same workspace path for 32bit studio and 64bit studio. Thanks for your feedback. If this issue is resolved, could you please mark it as resolved so that other community users will be informed that this thread has been fixed.
Many thanks.

Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hello,
Got nearly the same problem ... not when saving a job but whe launching the app.
I'm connected to a windows Terminal Server 2008.
I've installed Tablend Open Studio For ESB 5.5.
I've launched ToS with admin user, created a Workspace, imported the elements of my old Workspace (ToS 4.2) ... Everything works fine.
I've closed Tos for EBS, closed my admin session.
When I open a new session on this server with another user, I can't launch Tos For ESB 5.5 and get this error :"This workspace is aleready in use. Yon cannot launch the Studio more then once with the same workspace".
Of course there's no other user connected to this server using ToS, no process called Talendxxx running.
Please help !!!

Hi badgamme,

So far,  windows Terminal Server 2008 is not list on Talend supported compatible platform.
Please see document TalendHelpCenter:Compatible+Platforms
Best regards
Sabrina

One Star

It's a shame ... I'm working on this platform since 4 years !

Hi,

In the documentation we provide a list of compatible platforms that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed)  compatible platforms will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

I found the true reason for this bug, and the solution.
Bug: Talend Open Studio gives the error "This workspace is already in use. You cannot launch the Studio more then once with the same workspace".
Reason: There is a bug in the Talend installation app, it fails to follow proper Windows procedures to add Talend Open Studio to the list of installed applications in Windows Registry.  Since Windows does not find Talend listed in its registry as a properly installed app, Windows security restrictions and rules prevent the Talend binary app from reading/writing to any file, in this case the workspace folder, located within the "C\Program Files" folder heirarchy.  Basically, Windows is blocking write access to Program Files because it thinks Talend might be unauthorized or malicious code, due to its install information missing from the Windows registry.
Solution: Uninstall Talend from C\Program Files, and Install Talend to an unrestricted location such as C\Talend.   Must wait for the bug in the Talend installer to be fixed, before installing it in C\Program Files.

Hi Chris_C,

Thanks for sharing your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi Team,
Getting below error when try to launch talend DI on 32 bit machine,Is any one help me.