[resolved] Where can I find TNS.JAR?

One Star

[resolved] Where can I find TNS.JAR?

Hi everyone,
while trying to use a tOracleConnection, I was told that tns.jar was missing (among other things).
Since I am behind a firewall, I can't use the automatic download and have to perform the download by myself.
But I simply can't find tns.jar.
Searching for it on Oracle.com returns 0 results, and a Google search did not provide helpful hints to the location (at least on the first 5 pages)
Any idea?
Thanks
Matt

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Where can I find TNS.JAR?

Looks like I found it after all:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-26173

All Replies
One Star

Looks like I found it after all:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-26173

Hi,
Thanks for sharing the jira link with us. Could you please mark this topic as resolved? Free free post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I clicked on "Set topic as resolved" - but nothing happened. Any idea?

Hi,
I have remarked it as "resolved". Have you been able to set topic as resolved successfully in forum before?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

No, this was my first attemt.

Hi,
Would you mind sending your forum account and password to me by email for a testing?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
  I know this issue has been resolved (I bumped into the same), but I have a couple of questions:
1. I have downloaded the tns.jar from  . The problem that I have is the fact that I don't know where this jar file actually comes from. Looking into it is seems that this has nothing to do with Oracle (the packages inside start with org.talend so I don't think this is coming from Oracle).
2. Is is any place where I can find a description of each module and of the dependencies? For downloading the Oracle's JDBC driver is clear that one needs to fetch it from Oracle's site, but the tns.jar story seemed to be pretty well hidden...
3. A more technical question is why we would need an additional jar besides the Oracle's JDBC driver for creating a connection?
Thanks!
  cristi