[resolved] Using tSCPPut component

One Star

[resolved] Using tSCPPut component

Hi,
I have a list of files with a certain extension (say .abc) under my local system in the directory (C:\tmp\folder1\one.abc, c:\tmp\folder2\two.abc) and so on..
I want to transfer each such folder into a remote machine using the SCP components (tSCPPut to be precise). What I have observed is that if I have a folder called "/root/temp/" as the Remote Directory that exists inside the remote machine, only the files are put one after another (I am fetching list of files through tFileLIst).
However if I need to put them into a non-existent directory, say "/root/temp/output/", I am unable to do so, and the error "Caused by: java.io.IOException: Remote scp terminated with error (scp: /root/temp/output/: No such file or directory)." pops up.
This means that a non existent directory is not created automatically during copying of the files.
Can anyone guide me to an alternative to this? How can I make use of the tJava component to remotely create a directory and then copy the files?
I am looking to copy the files into remote locations "/root/temp/output/folder1/one.abc", "/root/temp/output/folder2/two.abc" and so on.

Accepted Solutions
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] Using tSCPPut component

Indeed this option to create a remote directory is highly missing. As long as we have that, you could check if the remote directory exists with tSCPFileExists.
Use the run if connector and set as condition:
"File exists.".equals((String)globalMap.get("tSCPFileExists_1_STATUS")) == false
Yes I know, this looks silly, but unfortunately this component is not very well designed.
This small job shows checks if the directory "new_dir" under the user home exists and if not it will be created.

All Replies
Seventeen Stars

Indeed this option to create a remote directory is highly missing. As long as we have that, you could check if the remote directory exists with tSCPFileExists.
Use the run if connector and set as condition:
"File exists.".equals((String)globalMap.get("tSCPFileExists_1_STATUS")) == false
Yes I know, this looks silly, but unfortunately this component is not very well designed.
This small job shows checks if the directory "new_dir" under the user home exists and if not it will be created.
One Star

Thank you very much, this helps a lot!
Another question I had was, say in this case, if I want to create "new_dir/tmp/folder1" directory, where "tmp" directory doesn't exist, then even "folder1" directory won't get created right?
So I will need to follow the hierarchy and create directories as I go along, and then copy the files?
Seventeen Stars

Unfortunately your are right. You have to follow from the root to the leaf. Typically I build that in a component and I think it would be a great idea to add this function into the tSCPPut component.
Hint: I would start wit a check if your target structure exists and go back to the root. It is often the situation, that only one or two of the last directories are missing.
One Star

Yes, you're correct, it usually is for creating one or two leaf directories.
I found a command to create such directories that do not exist. We can use "mkdir -p root/temp/new_dir/folder1". What this will do is, create folder1, new_dir and temp folders, if it doesn't already exist.
Thanks again for your prompt reply and help!
Seventeen Stars

Thanks a lot, I will use your hint about the mkdir option.
One Star

You can call "mkdir -p" and all the subdirectories will automatically be made.