One Star

[resolved] Use Connection Pool with Oracle?

Hi,
Is there any support for connection pool usage with tOracleConnection? In the User Guidie, it reads:
Specify a data source alias -
Select this check box and specify the alias of a data source created on
the Talend Runtime side to use the shared connection pool defined
in the data source configuration. This option works only when you
deploy and run your Job in Talend Runtime.

But this is very vague for me because currently I export my job as autonomous job and not using Talend Runtime at all in the deployment.
Do we have any workaround to use the connection pool? And if there's any example?
Thanks in advance!
10 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] Use Connection Pool with Oracle?

Hi,
Is this forum Topic:How do I use connection pooling with tjdbcConnection? helpful for your use case?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina. But that solution seems to work with a runtime container. What if I just want to run the job in autonomous job mode?
One Star

Plus, that one is for Talend ESB, not talend DI, right?

Hi,
Indeed, data source option only applies when deploying and running in the Talend Runtime.
What's your current job situation? Your job contains different tOracleConnection?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes, it contains two tOracleConnections.
The problem I have is that when one of the connections go idle for some time, it will go 'connection reset' when it is used afterwards. That's why I'm now thinking of using connection pools.
The exception I run into is:
origin:tOracleInput_4 message:java.sql.SQLRecoverableException:Io exception: Connection reset

Any thougts?

Hi,
Would you mind uploading your job design screenshots into forum? Have you checked "Muti thread execution" feature to see if it satisfying your job requirment?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I was able to fix the connection reset problem by setting
SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME=10
on Oracle side.
The connection reset problem itself is not due to Talend. And no, I'm not using multi thread feature.
My original question was whether we can have connection pool feature using tOracleConnection in Talend Enterprise DI. And I certaninly don't have a snapshot for that yetSmiley Happy

Hi,
For connection pool feature, it is not possible currently.
tXXConnection components allow you to open only one connection.
These connections can also be shared to "son" jobs.(Use or register a shared DB connection)
If you are usig the TIS version , you can also enable parallel execution in iterate.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thanks Sabrina.
Hope to see connection pool being added in the future Smiley Happy

Hi,
Have you checked document about https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=How+to+share+a+database+connection&content-lang=en ?
Is "Use or register a shared DB connection" helpful for your current use case?
Best regards
Sabrina
--