One Star

[resolved] Upgrade Talend Project

I recently upgraded my Talend to 5.2 Open Source.
My jobs are working, I'm noticing the increased startup time. The task it appears to be stuck on is migration. A long period of starting up my project show "Migrate... <my job name>". (see screen shot) I don't see this message with another project I created from scratch with 5.2.
can you tell me anything about getting out of migration?
Thank you
-Joe
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Upgrade Talend Project

This worked very well. I noticed there were some system routines that were already existing. I didn't check the overwrite box (during import) because with the newest version of Talend I suspected they were better.
After I imported my files into a brand new project, it appears it is working well.
Thank you for your time on this.
-Joe
5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi
How do you upgrade to V5.2? Can you write down the steps so that we could know what you have done?
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Well it was quite the process let me tell you...
My project is under source control (my own means)
The working revision I had was using Talend 5.2. I upgraded from Talend Enterprise 4.2 a while back. I'm now merging my changes into the original 'trunk' of my repository.
Where I am experiencing the problem is when I took my project from 5.2 and copied the full project over top of my original source control from Talend 4.2. I made selective copies in the 'process' folder where I knew files did not change. Also some jobs previously existed in this 'trunk' were not in my 5.2 working copy. They seemed to have transferred just fine.
What I'm leftover with is this "migration" that occurs each start up and takes a bit of time to process.
Community Manager

Hi
The migration tasks are executed to ensure the jobs developed on v4.2 to be compatible in v5.2, it seems the items are revert each time after you close Talend Studio. I suggest you to open a new Talend Studio 5.2 and import all items from the old workspace used by Talend Studio 4.2, instead of copying manually the process folder from old workspace and paste it to new workspace.
Shong
One Star

This worked very well. I noticed there were some system routines that were already existing. I didn't check the overwrite box (during import) because with the newest version of Talend I suspected they were better.
After I imported my files into a brand new project, it appears it is working well.
Thank you for your time on this.
-Joe
Community Manager

Great! Thanks for your feedback!
Shong