[resolved] Update a table in Talend?

Six Stars

[resolved] Update a table in Talend?

Hi,
I have six values in Excel that need to be updated at the database level which I'm unable to do in Excel. I can update those values in SQL but since I need to automate the process in Talend ETL; I need to be able to do at the ETL level. Is it possible to update those six values of a column at the Talend ETL level? Any help/assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Update a table in Talend?

Hi
If the file also has primary key column, read the primary key column and address column from the file, the primary key will be set as key column on the schema, only address column will be updated, once the job is done, schedule the job to run automatically.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi 
Yes, this is possible with a ETL process in Talend, a simple job looks like:
tFileInputExcel--main--tMysqlOutput
tFileinputExcel: read the value from excel file
tMysqlOutput: update the value to database.
Regards
Shong
Six Stars

Hi Shong,
Thanks for responding. How to do I tell Talend which six values I need to update. I looked into the link but it wasn't fruition.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Updating+data+in+a+database+table&content-lang=en.
Community Manager

Hi 
For update, there must exist key column, the key column must be set on the schema of database output component. So, how the six values exist in excel file? and how do you update those value in SQL?
Six Stars

The six values are in Excel and I want Talend to update the table in SQL. I have already inserted the table in SQL now I want to update the table in SQL.
In Excel                                                 How I want in SQL.
440 Elwood CT                                          440 Elwood Ct
9720 Blanco dr                                           9720 Blanco Dr
etc.........
Thanks for your assistance thus far Shong.
Community Manager

any other columns exist in the same table?
Six Stars

There are about 20 columns in the Excel table but the Address is the only column that needs to have the six values updated. I also have Primary key column as well. I know I can use update syntax in SQL but when I automate the ETL process this will not be an option. That is the reason I want to do take care of this at the ETL level rather than DB level because ETL will automate the update on it's own.
Community Manager

Hi
If the file also has primary key column, read the primary key column and address column from the file, the primary key will be set as key column on the schema, only address column will be updated, once the job is done, schedule the job to run automatically.
Six Stars

Hi Shong,
It turns out my table since the source is Excel doesn't have a primary key. I tried to look for it but the table doesn't have a primary key in Excel. Is there any other way I can tell Talend to change the addresses of those six rows.
Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks