Seven Stars

[resolved] Unparseable date

Hi,
I have created a job to read data from an XML file and output the data into multiple database tables.
This XML file contains date fields where the date value is given as follows:
1982-05-04T00:00:00.000+01:00

In the schema defined for this XML file, when I give the date format as
"yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSXXX"
I get the error message "Illegal pattern character 'X'".
For all other date format patterns I get the message: Unparseable date: "1982-05-04T00:00:00.000+01:00"
Can anyone tell me what should be the date format pattern I should provide?
4 REPLIES
One Star

Re: [resolved] Unparseable date

Hi Ketan,
You can try the below approach.
Read the field as string and in tMap parse it to date
TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSS", column_name)
I'm not aware of the +01:00 which is mentioned.
As per this, your output will be
1982-05-04 00:00:00.000
~Berin
Four Stars

Hi Ketan,
This last +1 must be related to timezone adjustment...
What is your input format is this date/string... if you can read it as as string, then lots of possibilities are there... please confirm the data type of your date column?
vaibhav
Seven Stars

@Berin Richard: Thanks for the format but I am not specifying the date format in the tMap component. Also the +01:00 is the timezone offset that is provided in the value that I cannot ignore.
@Vaibhav: I have an XSD which has defined the datatype for this field as Date.
So I need to set the date pattern in the XML file's Schema. I don't perform the conversion in tMap which would have been easier for me. So basically the date pattern is defined in the schema available in the Metadata->File xml.
Four Stars

Hi Ketan,
Check this,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2375222/java-simpledateformat-for-time-zone-with-a-colon-seperato...
You can get the timezone offset formatted like +01:00 with the SimpleDateFormat in Java 7 (yyyy-MM-dd'T'hh:mm:ss.SSSXXX), or with the Joda's DateTimeFormat (yyyy-MM-dd'T'hh:mm:ss.SSSZZ)
It may help.
Thanks
Vaibhav