One Star

[resolved] Unique location to store properties file or config file on TAC system?

Hi All,
I'm facing an issue while executing a job on TAC with the virtual server and always throwing an exception as 'file not found'.
Virtual server has the 3 different physical servers located in 3 different locations in which one of the server installed on the local system.
And in my Talend job I'm using a properties file and loading context into main job and subsequent children jobs.
If I execute the job on studio it is working fine because I kept the properties file inside Talend installation directory,but I'm bit confusing over here when I try to execute the same job on TAC. So in this case, what exactly the unique path available on TAC to run the same job using virtual server?.
So can any one suggest me on this ?
4 REPLIES
One Star

Re: [resolved] Unique location to store properties file or config file on TAC system?

Hi All,
I'm facing an issue while executing a job on TAC with the virtual server and always throwing an exception as 'file not found'.
Virtual server has the 3 different physical servers located in 3 different locations in which one of the server installed on the local system.
And in my Talend job I'm using a properties file and loading context into main job and subsequent children jobs.
If I execute the job on studio it is working fine because I kept the properties file inside Talend installation directory,but I'm bit confusing over here when I try to execute the same job on TAC. So in this case, what exactly the unique path available on TAC to run the same job using virtual server?.
So can any one suggest me on this ?

Can any one help me on this?
One Star

Re: [resolved] Unique location to store properties file or config file on TAC system?

Hi All,
I followed the below workaround for my existing job and executing it on TAC without having any problem.
1.Just copied the properties file into tomcat directory 
2.Modified the existing job and added an extra component (i.e. tHttpRequest) to download the properties file into local home directory.
3.Now,If we execute the job it will read configuration details from the job server (since we are using virtual servers) home directory.
I'm sure that it is not only the solution but it solved my problem.
In case if we want to avoid the properties file concept,we can try other workarounds like  :
 1. Avoid the properties file concept and instead store all the configuration details in the database.
 2. Avoid the properties file concept and define all the variables inside the context group and manage them from the TAC interface. 
It would be great if any one of you can share more approaches for the same problem.
Five Stars

store initial details in job (using context) it will store initial information & parameters. 
Make these context files editable so that you can change the values as on required. 
or make another directory on job servers where you can upload configuration files and use implicit context load facility from job, Ponting to the same directory structure ("home/config/") across all the environment(dev,uat,prod).
One Star

Hi Umesh,
Thanks for the response.The 2 options seems to be okay but If we choose the option 2, we need to keep the configuration files in all of the job servers.It is some what manual process and difficult to maintain all the time when we have more job servers in the virtual server group.Can we make it as more dynamic?