One Star

[resolved] Unarchive multiple zip files using tFileUnarchive

Hi guys,
I'm using an FTP connection to get a .zip file from my FTP.
I saved all that .zip files on my documents and then planning to extract all of it in just one job.
is it possible to unzip or unarchived all the .zip files in one folder using tFileUnarchive?
Note: I already did this in only ONE .zip file and it worked. I'm planning to do it for multiple .zip files.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Unarchive multiple zip files using tFileUnarchive

Hi,
tFTPget will put the .zip files into your local disk, after that you need a tFileList to fetch them together and then unarchived.
First of all, make sure the zip files got from FTP are saved in your Disk.
The work flow should be as my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
11 REPLIES

Hi,
FileList component can give a help on such issue
To make it clear, I have design a demo job: tFilelist-->tFileUnarchive
See my screenshots for details
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi xdshi,
thanks for you answer, I'll show you my current job for FTP. I attached a picture on my original post at the top.
should I place a tFileList after the tFTPget?
Thanks

Hi,
I have seen your pic, the work flow is correct but not the connection. Please see the Connection types
There is a scenario in component reference tFTPFileList, it will be helpful for your case.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I checked the connection. But still it cannot find the .zip file?
All I can do is to select only one zip file and it will take time.
Any suggestions?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Hi,
Did you set the mask "*.zip" in tFTPFileList? And the Supplier.zip file indeed exist in your FTP? I will make a testing on FTP to see if this issue repro. In addition, there is no error in local studio without FTP. I have make a testing before and it is possible Unarchive multiple zip files using tFileUnarchive.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Yes. I already set the mask in FTPfilelist, and supplier.zip is in my ftp Smiley Happy
also, the error ONLY occurs on the tfileunarchive, it cannot see the Supplier.zip that i got from my FTP.
Thanks.

Hi,
tFTPget will put the .zip files into your local disk, after that you need a tFileList to fetch them together and then unarchived.
First of all, make sure the zip files got from FTP are saved in your Disk.
The work flow should be as my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

It's now working Sabrina!! Thanks for the great help! Smiley Happy

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. It is a good news! Feel free post your issue on forum and I will do my best to give a help.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thanks a lot sabrina for your great help Smiley Happy)
One Star

that was really helpfull.