One Star

[resolved] Unable to send emails using: tSendMail

Hi Team,
I am trying to send a mail to gmail by using the 'tSendMail' component.
But i am getting the attached error message (Authentication Failed'). ( I am able to ping the Gmail server by smtp:gmail.com).
I am  not sure which of the parameters is wrong.
After checking the 'Need Authentication' :
For Password: I am unable to edit the 'Parameter'. Though i am entering every time, i am not sure if its considered or not.
For 'User Name'  Do i need to give like 'username' or 'username@gmail.com'.
Request to please help suggest on the same. Thank you.
PFA the screen shots of the values passed and the error messages. Thank you.
Regards.
Nextgen.
10 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] Unable to send emails using: tSendMail

Hi,
It seems your image is missing. Dis you check 'ssl support' option ?What's your port when you are using Gmail? 465 ?
You should give user name as "xxxx@xxxx.com"
See component reference TalendHelpCenter:tSendMail

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi,
Use following settings to send email using Gmail for tSendMail component

Recently gmail have created an app to disable mail connection using devices... in case if you are not able to send mail and receive error, pl check mail in your account and disable app as per their mail instructions.
This works, i have tested it.
Thanks
Vaibhav
One Star

hi,
talend shows the error invalid character constant while running job please tell me the solution
Seventeen Stars

Hi deoo,
Talend Studio tells you a lot more and it would be great to see it here. Invalid character constant mmhh... sound like you are using a backslash anywhere in your strings - right? Take care you escape this char with an extra backslash e.g. "\\".

Hi Nextgen,
We have fixed issue of passwords containing backslash in jira issue https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-28916.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Use following settings to send email using Gmail for tSendMail component

Recently gmail have created an app to disable mail connection using devices... in case if you are not able to send mail and receive error, pl check mail in your account and disable app as per their mail instructions.
This works, i have tested it.
Thanks
Vaibhav
One Star

I am too receiving the same error 'Need Authentication' while using gmail with 'tSendMail' component. I have selected the SSL option provided my gmail email address and password.
Did you find the fix for this issue?
Is there any free SMTP server that I can use to run my test using the 'tSendMail' component. I did some googling for free SMTP servers but none of them worked.

Hi Jas82,

How did you set your tsendmail component? Could you please show your component setting screenshot?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Starting job sending_email at 05:17 27/06/2016.
Error: Could not find or load main class gdrive_test.sending_email_0_1.sending_email
Job sending_email ended at 05:17 27/06/2016.
Please help out.....

Hi parth_biggdata,
On which build version you got this issue? Have you ever executed a job successfully in your studio? Did you tried to check out "Die on error" option on tSendmail component to see if there is any more error message printed on console?
Screenshots of your job setting will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--