Reinstalling and imports from the folder did not help
TOS 4.2.4
Any tips?
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Unable to retrieve projects: Read Projects error

Hi,
From your description and screenshot. I suppose your talend.project is corrupt.
You should create a new empty project and then COPY the other files in folder(your initial project, but not the corrupt talend.project ) to the new empty project by manual.
Restart studio to see if you can get the new project with job.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
9 REPLIES

Hi,
You cannot find project in talend studio? Is it saved in your local machine<Talend Studio installation path>/workspace.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Two Stars

Hi, Sabrina!
My project is in "workspace" folder. Initially I saw needed project but Talent Studio gone wrong. I reinstalled Talent studio in different folder and imported needed project in workspace folder only to find i can't see it on list. Log states premature end of file and I would like to know which file ends prematurely. First installed version of Talent Studio states that project can't be read.

Hi,
I reinstalled Talent studio in different folder and imported needed project in workspace folder only to find i can't see it on list. Log states premature end of file and I would like to know which file ends prematurely. First installed version of Talent Studio states that project can't be read.

Do you mean you can import project but not read them? Did you follow up the online document TalendHelpCenter:How to import projects.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Two Stars

Hi, Sabrina!
I'm followed abovementioned instruction and received error (in the attachment).
I suppose some file in the project corrupt. "talend.project" file in my project directory is empty. Can this be the source of the problem and is there a way to restore project?
There is log block with error right after unexpected reboot:

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 2 0 2013-12-25 16:25:53.010
!MESSAGE 2013-12-25 16:25:53,010 WARN org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - Read projects error.
!STACK 0
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Read projects error.
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.readProjects(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:962)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.readProject(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:995)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.readProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:460)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.importproject.ImportProjectAsAction.clearExternalLibraries(ImportProjectAsAction.java:88)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.importproject.ImportProjectAsAction.run(ImportProjectAsAction.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite.importProjects(LoginComposite.java:1315)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite$3.run(LoginComposite.java:402)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite$13.widgetSelected(LoginComposite.java:1272)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryService.openLoginDialog(RepositoryService.java:329)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.logUserOnProject(Application.java:331)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:101)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2013-12-25 16:25:53.025
!MESSAGE 2013-12-25 16:25:53,025 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.handleDemandLoadException(ResourceSetImpl.java:315)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:274)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:397)
at org.talend.core.repository.utils.XmiResourceManager.loadProject(XmiResourceManager.java:95)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.readProject(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:972)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.readProjects(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:953)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.readProject(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:995)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.readProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:460)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite.populateProjectList(LoginComposite.java:1619)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite.importProjects(LoginComposite.java:1316)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite$3.run(LoginComposite.java:402)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite$13.widgetSelected(LoginComposite.java:1272)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryService.openLoginDialog(RepositoryService.java:329)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.logUserOnProject(Application.java:331)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:101)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:181)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:180)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1494)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1282)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:255)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:270)
... 32 more

Hi,
From your description and screenshot. I suppose your talend.project is corrupt.
You should create a new empty project and then COPY the other files in folder(your initial project, but not the corrupt talend.project ) to the new empty project by manual.
Restart studio to see if you can get the new project with job.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Two Stars

Hi,
Many thanks! Problem solved! I created new project and copied only newly created "talend.project" to the needed project folder. Worked like a charm!

Hi,
It is also a good news for us. Feel free post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I couldn't find a more suitable thread and hence posting it here! I also get a similar error on Talend Open Source for Big Data v5.6.2.
I can successfully import the Demo project and also open the project from the list of projects after importing it!
But, when I import our code, it completes the import successfully, but the project is NOT listed in the list of projects! Now if I close Talend and re-open, it errors out saying 'Unable to retrieve projects: Read projects error:"
Attaching the log files, after importing the project, where it is not listed in the list of projects!
And after closing and re-opening Talend!
Import.log.log
Talend_Reopen.log.log

Hi ajay.mothukuri,
Could you please follows the steps as below to restore the items to see if it is OK with you.
1. Back up the workspace.
2. Delete the workspace and restart the studio.
3. Import all items from the backup of workspace done in step1.
Best regards
Sabrina
--