One Star

[resolved] Unable to download external jars with the Enterprise Studio

Hello,
I have problems to download external modules with Talend Studio.
I've configured proxy settings in Preferences > Network Connections but I still have an error when the studio tries to download external modules (jars) 'Network is unavailable, please fix it'.
I have this error with the "Talend Enterprise Big Data Studio" (Version: 5.6.1 Build id: 20141207_1530).
I've tried with exactly the same proxy configuration, on the same computer, with the "Talend Open Studio for Big Data" (Version: 5.6.1
Build id: V5.6.1_20141207_1530) and it works... !
So it's ok with the free version, and not ok with the Enterprise version !
Is there additionnal configuration to do somewhere (On the machine where Talend servers modules have been installed ?, on TAC ?) ?
A last information, my Talend Enterprise server has no internet access (but of course the machine with the Talend studio has internet access).
Thanks in advance for any help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Unable to download external jars with the Enterprise Studio

Thanks xdshi for your answers.
I think i've found the problem. The jars that Talend was not able to download was unsupported jars (too recent jars).
That's why they were not available on automatic download. I've tried to download usual jars and the download has been done correctly.
Regards,
Tangi
9 REPLIES

Hi,
Are you using Talend Enterprise Trial version or Talend Enterprise Subscription Version?
Have you ever got this error before? Did you turn off your virus protection?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi xdshi,
I'm using Talend Enterprise Subscription Version.
It's a new installation so we never got this error before (and it has never worked either).
I've tried to turn off firewall, antivirus...but without success for the moment. (The stranger point is that all is ok with the Open studio version).
Sometimes the error message disapears, but the download button is still disabled (see screenshot) :

Regards,
Tangi

Hi Tangi,

Could you please report a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that we can give you a remote assistance through support cycle?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I think i've found the problem. The jars that Talend was not able to download was unsupported jars (too recent jars).
That's why they were not available on automatic download. I've tried to download usual jars and the download has been done correctly.
Regards,
Tangi

Hi Tangi,
Thanks for your feedback. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Regards,
Tangi

Hi Tangiobs,
We are also facing similar issue while trying to setup DB connection and its asking for some specific third party specific jar.
We are getting the same error as you were having 'Network Unavailable' and the download and install option is also disabled.
This is the first time we are trying to setup/install Talend Master data Management 6.1 license version on our VDI.
So could you please help us in resolving as I can see from ur post that the issue got resolved but I didnt understand how it was.
Thanks 
Akash

Hi Akash,
This is the first time we are trying to setup/install Talend Master data Management 6.1 license version on our VDI.

Are you using talend data management platform product 6.1? Could you please report ticket on talend support portal? In this way, we can give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

This is because of proxy settings as your firewall is not permitting the changes. Make your own proxy settings under control panel-> Internet options. This worked for me when my Download and install modules button was greyed out.
Four Stars

@akashdas_1987  and for those still facing same problem.
apply proxy settings in network connection under preferences.
Moreover you have to manually select the SOCKS and clear the values.
Hope it will help.
Thanks
Gopal