[resolved] Unable to build jobs (TOS 6.2.1)

One Star

[resolved] Unable to build jobs (TOS 6.2.1)

I am no longer able to build standalone jobs using TOS ESB 6.2.1 and need some help as I've run out of ideas Smiley Sad
Basically I have:

upgrade my JDK to the latest version of Java 8
created a small test job with minimal components to make sure it is not a specific component causing it
I've remove all requirements for external libraries
I've made sure the Import/Export settings (Window / Preferences / Talend / Import Export) are correct per the talend docs / website
The latest JDK is referenced within the installed JREs
I've downloaded a fresh copy of Talend and tried that
I've restarted TOS as well as my OS, ran updates etc. I've even tried it on different machines. 

I'm completely stumped what in my environment can cause this problem. 
Here is the error msg I am receiving when I try to build a standalone job:
java.lang.Exception: Job was not built successfully, please check the logs for more details
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJob(BuildJobManager.java:252)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJob(BuildJobManager.java:162)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJobs(BuildJobManager.java:104)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.buildJobWithMaven(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1483)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage$8.run(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1388)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:466)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:374)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1059)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.finish(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1393)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.finish(JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.java:1225)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizard.performFinish(JobScriptsExportWizard.java:126)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:853)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:438)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.ExportJobScriptAction.doRun(ExportJobScriptAction.java:117)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:632)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:99)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:258)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3257)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:2053)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:641)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:208)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

If anybody has run into something similar and has some ideas it would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks in advance. 

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Unable to build jobs (TOS 6.2.1)

I seem to have got it working, the how is a bit of an unknown. 
I created a new project from within TOS 6.1.1 and manually copied over the pertinent (code, context, lib, metadata, process) folders from the old path to the new. I made sure the talend.project file was not copied over. 
I started TOS 6.1.1 in the new path and I can now build my projects as standalone packages again. 
Above is for anybody that might run into a similar issue. 

All Replies
One Star

Hi,
Found many problems with 6.2.x (TOS, not ESB).
Could you please try 6.1.1 to exclude any cause due to your environment.
Regards,
TRF
One Star

Unfortunately I can no longer do that, when I try to open the project with TOS 6.1.1 I get the following error:
org.talend.commons.exception.LoginException: Cannot open the project.Error task is org.talend.repository.model.migration.SetDefaultValueForNewerEmailFirstOfTDI35976.
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.checkProjectCompatibility(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:293)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1805)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginHelper$1.run(LoginHelper.java:425)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

Tried to export the projects and import, but that fails. 
One Star

I seem to have got it working, the how is a bit of an unknown. 
I created a new project from within TOS 6.1.1 and manually copied over the pertinent (code, context, lib, metadata, process) folders from the old path to the new. I made sure the talend.project file was not copied over. 
I started TOS 6.1.1 in the new path and I can now build my projects as standalone packages again. 
Above is for anybody that might run into a similar issue.