[resolved] Tutorial "How to create a mediation route" outdated?

Six Stars

[resolved] Tutorial "How to create a mediation route" outdated?

Hi,
I tried following the tutorial titled "How to create a mediation route" from talendforge. Only this is using a bit older methods than available in 6.1.1. I tried adding the MQConnectionFactory to connect to the ActiveMQ provided with the ESB runtime. Which resulted in username warnings. The queues IN and OUT where not created (due to the wrong connection details I think). Anybody got a pointer to a more recent tutorial about this subject?
Kind regards,
Sjoerd

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] Tutorial "How to create a mediation route" outdated?

Hi,

In case of you're using cMQConnectionFactoryand component and ActiveMQ provided with the ESB runtime, you have to enable "Authentication" option on the component and provide username/passwd which existing in the Runtime/etc/users.properties, (e.g tesb/tesb)

Because by default the ActiveMQ authentication is enabled in the Runtime/etc/activemq.xml

<plugins>
            <jaasAuthenticationPlugin configuration="karaf" />
        </plugins>

Regards.

All Replies
Employee

Hi,

In case of you're using cMQConnectionFactoryand component and ActiveMQ provided with the ESB runtime, you have to enable "Authentication" option on the component and provide username/passwd which existing in the Runtime/etc/users.properties, (e.g tesb/tesb)

Because by default the ActiveMQ authentication is enabled in the Runtime/etc/activemq.xml

<plugins>
            <jaasAuthenticationPlugin configuration="karaf" />
        </plugins>

Regards.
Six Stars

Tanks, that was indeed the correct username and password. No I can work on the rest of the messages.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs

Read