[resolved] Trunjob ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol

[resolved] Trunjob ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol

Actually my database is Oracle 12, and at this moment no problem running any job. Below the problem with only one job.
The basic run  is not running, error java.sql.SQLException: ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol
It's strange ...because if I run the job "ExtractTelnet" alone  or alone using Trunjob it doesn't show this problem.

My job only run in java debug mode and don't show no more problems about jdbc or ORA-28040. I tried to delete the talend cache arquive and then alter the XML from toracle connection and toracle input the problem still occurring

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Trunjob ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol

Sabrina, thank you very much. So I checked all the trunjob components and I realized that one of tOracle components was in other version of Oracle, my problem was solved !

All Replies

Hi,
Did you use context group in your tOracleConnection component?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi !
No, I'm using metadata/Db Connections  in my tOracleConnection component

Hi,
Could you please indicate the build version you are using? Open studio or subscription version?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Now I'm using Talend Open Studio for big data to develop some jobs for our project. In near future we are going to buy a full license, to get access to features like schedule job execution.
The 6.1 and 6.3 version did the same error.

Hi,
We see that there is no any connector (OnComponentOk or On subjobOk) between toracleConnection and tOracleInput component. Could you please check it?
Best regards
Sabrina
--

I have checked and changed my job adding connector but it still getting the same error...I don't know why.
So I have a question about toracleConnection.
In all of my jobs, I ever started a oracle connection, and then we do some oracle inputs or outputs. After finish this, I'm finish the oracle connection using TOracleClose. Is it a good practice? Is it necessary to open a  toracleConnection and TOracleClose in all times that I need to use the Oracle Database?

Hi,
Did you have several oracle DB connections in your work flow? Would you mind posting your whole job design screenshot into forum?
Is this solution mentioned in this article Ok with you?http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24100117/ora-28040-no-matching-authentication-protocol-exception
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Sabrina, thank you very much. So I checked all the trunjob components and I realized that one of tOracle components was in other version of Oracle, my problem was solved !

Hi,
Great this issue has been fixed. Thanks for marking this topic as resolved.
Best regards
Sabrina
--