One Star

[resolved] Transforming XML to CSV

Hi All,
I following an exercise in the book called 'Getting Started with Talend OpenStudio for Data Integration 2012'.
The exercise is relatively simple enough. Take an XML file; create the metadata for the xml file to be read (as an input xml); create the loop element and the fields to extract (I was able to preview the data); connect the fFileInputXML to the fFileOutputDelimited component, connect the two components by row-main and finally configured where I want the CSV to be outputted.
The problem: The file generates with no data. And the Job Designer during processing shows 0 rows.
What could I be doing wrong? Is there any other configurations I should change?
Thanks
S
5 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] Transforming XML to CSV

Hi,
Please show us your current component screenshots into forum so that we can get your situation more precisely.
Have you checked online component reference TalendHelpCenter:tFileInputXML.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Voila! In read through the tFileInputXML Properties link you sent me and it was the Loop limit that was the problem. In the manual it says use 0 to set no limit.
However, if I read the link you sent me it says for Limit (Loop Limit) "Maximum number of rows to be processed. If Limit = 0, no row is read nor processed. If -1, all rows are read or processed" so I've set it to -1 and it works like a gem.
Thanks,
S
One Star

Fantastic - I've been banging my head on a wall with this for ages! The error is on p.41 if the book 'Talend Open Studio for Data Integration'.
I've put my search Google search phrase in below in case anyone else finds this page
tFileOututDeliminated "0 rows in"
One Star

Thanks - I've been banging my head about this too! Good thing I came across your thread Smiley Happy
One Star

Thx for the answer, this helped my issue.