[resolved] TlistFile--> Out of memory error (edit. & Access too slow)

One Star

[resolved] TlistFile--> Out of memory error (edit. & Access too slow)

This is what I have to do http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=38973   . In few words, transform 10 excel file and merge into one, and my job work... But only for the first 4 file, then when output file is reaching about 3 MB and the process use about 1GB of memory, the job crash.
-I tried to allocate more memory, setting -Xmx2048M in the advanced setting, but it says--> Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
-I Set a temporary folder on the Tmap component, but it dont write nothing on it(maybe i have to set another input with a Lookup?)...
-I tried also to use TfileList-> TFileExcelWorkBookOpen->TFileExcelSheetInput->Tmap->TfileOutputExcel, but if I use the "Save on disk option" it writes an empty file ...
Where I am wrong? Some suggestion?
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] TlistFile--> Out of memory error (edit. & Access too slow)

The current build-in excel components lacks on a streaming support.
You could use the components from Talend Exchange: http://www.talendforge.org/exchange
(search for excel)
tFileExcelWorkbookOpen (to open or create the file, her set the memory saving mode)
tFileExcelSheetOutput (to create a sheet and write the rows in a very enhanced way)

All Replies

Hi,
Could you please have a look at KB articles about TalendHelpCenter:Exception Could not reserve enough space for object heapand TalendHelpCenter:ExceptionoutOfMemory?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi thanks for the answer, I've checked the articles and tried to allocate more memory/ decrease the xmx parameter on the ini.file , export the Job as script and run it outside the studio,  also change the JAVA_HOME/bin to the first position, but nothing ... The Job work  only with the first 4 file...
I think the only way is the " save on disk option", but I don't know how to use it in my case, because there's only one table in input and many "joined output"... Maybe I should use the Workbook  component, but don't know how to dispose and configure it.
I would be very thankfull if someone could help me! =) 

Hi,
Have you stored data on disk in tMap component? How did you set your JVM setting for your current job?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes for the first question.
-vmargs
-Xms256m
-Xmx1024m
-XX:MaxPermSize=128m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
By the way I have partly resolved the problem using a TAccessOutput instead of Excel , but the problem now is that the process is too slow...Only 2 row/s  versus the 2000 row/s of ExcelOutput...
There's a way to resolve that? Thanks!!
Marco
Seventeen Stars

The current build-in excel components lacks on a streaming support.
You could use the components from Talend Exchange: http://www.talendforge.org/exchange
(search for excel)
tFileExcelWorkbookOpen (to open or create the file, her set the memory saving mode)
tFileExcelSheetOutput (to create a sheet and write the rows in a very enhanced way)
One Star

Thanks Mr.Lolling
So this is my Job, but I think the WorkbookSave is in the wrong place, dont know where I have to put it.
In this way, every iteration overwrite the ouput file even if I use "Append to existing rows"...  and if I use the "memory saving" option it doesn't write nothing(0 rows/s)Smiley Sad

I am also yet interested to know why the AccessOutput is so slow 
Thanks again
Marco
Seventeen Stars

Your design is the problem.
Connect the tFileExcelWorkbook with the tFileExcelSheetInput per OnSubjobOk.
Connect the tFileExcelSheetInput with OnSubjobOk with the tFileExcelWorkbookSave.
Actually I would do a complete different design.
I would create a dedicated job to process on file and I would call this "worker" job with the iteration from the tFileList. 
One Star

I can't connect tFileExcelWorkbook and tFileExcelSheetInput with SubjobOk an error says that " A component that is not a sub process start can not have any link on sub job ok".
The possible combination are:
1. Tfilelist --iterate-->tFileExcelWorkbook--OnComponentOk-->tFileExcelSheetInput--OnSubjobOk-->tFileExcelWorkbookSave
1.Loop--> Tfilelist --OncomponentOK-->tFileExcelWorkbook--OnSubjobOk-->tFileExcelSheetInput--OnSubjobOk-->tFileExcelWorkbookSave

Both case, same problems: The Output is overwritten for every iteration, instead of adding the new rows under the existing rows, and if i use "save on disk" the output is empty...
Thanks for the patience.
Other information:
- To call every file from tfilelist I used "((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))" as Filename in tFileExcelWorkbook
Seventeen Stars

Ok you wantto add tge content of the files in the existing sheet.
you have to ooen the tFileExcleWorkbookOpen first and than iterate through the files. I mean if you open for every input  file ooen the same excel file new it can obviously not work. And also the save component... I would connect trigger it with Onsubjobok.
One Star

So how should be the design? I tried to open tFileExcelWorkbookOpen first, but I don't succeded to make it work.

Edit. with this design works!!
Thanks a Lot for your work JLolling!!!