Six Stars

[resolved] Temp files are not deleted after fail

Slm,
I find problem using tcreatetemporaryfile component.
Temp files are not deleted after an execution fail !
Any ideas or it is a normal use of this component ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Temp files are not deleted after fail

Hi,
Well, sorry to say that I have no way to resolve the problem if the case fail. What i can do is just delete the "tmp" file by manual.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
7 REPLIES

Hi,
Would you mind giving us more info about your issue? Such as, the version you used, job flow, and the screenshot of job and error. So that we can see your detailed setting and give you a precise answer.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Slm Sabrina,
Thank you for reply Smiley Happy
I use the version 5.0.2 of TOS.
The slot attached bellow show my job not yet finished. I try to join 2 files and to map the flow to a temporary file which I will aggregate and into I'lltry to insert some new rows to balance the accounting file.
At the end I wish THAT The temporary file will be deleted. When the Job suucced all is OK and the temp file is deleted but in fail case the temp file persist.
I hope that the issue is clear now.
Best regards

Hi,
Do you want to delete the "TMP" file in tCreateTemporaryfile component. There is an option "Remove file when the execution is over", check it and the "TMP" file will be deleted by auto. Do you need it ?
see pic
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Six Stars

Hi,
Do you want to delete the "TMP" file in tCreateTemporaryfile component. There is an option "Remove file when the execution is over", check it and the "TMP" file will be deleted by auto. Do you need it ?
see pic
Best regards
Sabrina

This option is checked and TMP file is removed when the execution succed but in fail case the TMP file persist yet.
and I fear that the user think that the non deleted TMP file is the result file of the JOB.
Thank you for your response Sabrina

Hi,
I fear that the user think that the non deleted TMP file is the result file of the JOB

They are two different types. One is .csv file and the other is .tmp file, so it is very easy to distinguish. What's more, even the job is blocked, the output file .csv file will exist in directory where you choose in tfileoutputpositional.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Six Stars

Slm,
I think that I will work in two seperated folder one for TMP files and the other for the output files.
I will try to delete all the TMP folder content after the tAssertCatcher.
Have a nice day Sabrina

Hi,
Well, sorry to say that I have no way to resolve the problem if the case fail. What i can do is just delete the "tmp" file by manual.
Best regards
Sabrina
--