[resolved] Talend-Studio-win32-x86 Works but Talend-Studio-win-x86_64 Throws Err

Six Stars

[resolved] Talend-Studio-win32-x86 Works but Talend-Studio-win-x86_64 Throws Err

Hi,
I installed the Talend Studio. Right now I'm having a problem where the 32 bit version works but the 64 bit version does not work.
I run Talend-Studio-win32-x86.exe and it works fine (execpt a 64 bit component that I need to use)
Talend-Studio-win-x86_64.exe doesn't work. It throws the error "Error:Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit."
And then the popup "Java was started but returned exit code=1"
Does anyone know what this means?
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: [resolved] Talend-Studio-win32-x86 Works but Talend-Studio-win-x86_64 Throws Err

Hi Sabrina,
I discovered that I just had the Java run time and not the JDK. Once I downloaded the 64 bit JDK and installed it, it worked fine.
Thanks!
Croix

All Replies

Re: [resolved] Talend-Studio-win32-x86 Works but Talend-Studio-win-x86_64 Throws Err

Hi,
What's your OS and JDK version you are using? More information will be helpful for us to address your issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I discovered that I just had the Java run time and not the JDK. Once I downloaded the 64 bit JDK and installed it, it worked fine.
Thanks!
Croix

Hi,
Great it works. Feel free to let us know  if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.