[resolved] Talend-Studio-win32-x86 Works but Talend-Studio-win-x86_64 Throws Err

Six Stars

[resolved] Talend-Studio-win32-x86 Works but Talend-Studio-win-x86_64 Throws Err

Hi,
I installed the Talend Studio. Right now I'm having a problem where the 32 bit version works but the 64 bit version does not work.
I run Talend-Studio-win32-x86.exe and it works fine (execpt a 64 bit component that I need to use)
Talend-Studio-win-x86_64.exe doesn't work. It throws the error "Error:Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit."
And then the popup "Java was started but returned exit code=1"
Does anyone know what this means?
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Six Stars

Re: [resolved] Talend-Studio-win32-x86 Works but Talend-Studio-win-x86_64 Throws Err

Hi Sabrina,
I discovered that I just had the Java run time and not the JDK. Once I downloaded the 64 bit JDK and installed it, it worked fine.
Thanks!
Croix

All Replies

Re: [resolved] Talend-Studio-win32-x86 Works but Talend-Studio-win-x86_64 Throws Err

Hi,
What's your OS and JDK version you are using? More information will be helpful for us to address your issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Highlighted
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I discovered that I just had the Java run time and not the JDK. Once I downloaded the 64 bit JDK and installed it, it worked fine.
Thanks!
Croix

Hi,
Great it works. Feel free to let us know  if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog