[resolved] Talend Studio fails on startup

One Star

[resolved] Talend Studio fails on startup

Dear Talend Supoort,
Last Friday I have worked a lot with Talend Studio and created some DI Jobs. I have also renamed some jobs afterwards but
this worked smoothly with Talend Studio and no errors occured. I know the SVN component in Talend Studio is very unstable
but Talend Studio did it without complaining anything. In addition all DI Jobs worked fine in the final run in Talend Studio.
I was aware of some mismatch as I tried to create OSGi Bundles because it was complaining about some compilation errors but my
Talend Studio has not tolde me things like that. All DI Jobs were complied fine. Then I wanted to do a restart Talend Studio and
then an error was displayed and Talend Studio is now blocked to start it normally. I am prevented to work with Talend Studio now. Here is the log stack trace:
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 2 0 2014-11-21 17:09:52.822
!MESSAGE 2014-11-21 17:09:52,820 WARN  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
!STACK 0
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
    at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.handleLoginProblem(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:376)
    at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:313)
    at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:260)
    at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:220)
    at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1732)
    at org.talend.repository.RepositoryService.isloginDialogDisabled(RepositoryService.java:432)
    at org.talend.repository.RepositoryService.openLoginDialog(RepositoryService.java:290)
    at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.logUserOnProject(Application.java:256)
    at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:89)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
    at org.talend.core.model.properties.impl.FileItemImpl.eResolveProxy(FileItemImpl.java:326)
    at org.talend.core.model.properties.impl.FileItemImpl.getContent(FileItemImpl.java:153)
    at org.talend.core.model.properties.impl.FileItemImpl.eGet(FileItemImpl.java:195)
    at org.talend.core.model.properties.impl.RoutineItemImpl.eGet(RoutineItemImpl.java:177)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1021)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1013)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentsEList$FeatureIteratorImpl.hasNext(EContentsEList.java:409)
    at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentsEList$FeatureIteratorImpl.next(EContentsEList.java:565)
    at org.talend.core.repository.utils.XmiResourceManager.getAffectedResources(XmiResourceManager.java:468)
    at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.filterLockedItems(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:598)
    at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.revertIfHasAnyChange(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:423)
    at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:326)
    at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:311)
    ... 19 more
How can I overcome this?
Kind regards,
Hilderich

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Talend Studio fails on startup

Hello All who are interested,
The problem I have now solved for myself because we have not yet a support ticket access.
In the last working session with Talend Studio on Friday I have forgotten to unlock (i.e. a check-in to SVN) a routine (i.e. a Java class)
together with the other DI Jobs. I have realized that by log in to that Talend DI Project by another Talend Studio installation from
another pc. To make it work on my own pc I've removed the directory:
<path-2-workspace>\<project-name>\code\routines\<subfolder>\.svn
Now I can start Talend Studio again and it works. I am glad to continue with work. It shows the SVN component in Talend Studio is not
reliable in every situation.
Kind regards,
Hilderich

All Replies

Hi,
What's your talend build version? Talend Open Source or Talend Enterprise Subscription Version?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

We are using Talend 5.3.1 Enterprise with TAC, etc.

Hi,
We suspect some of job .item file is corrupted.
Would you mind reporting a ticket on Talend Support Portal. In this way, we can get your current situation more precisely and give you a remote assistance.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello Sabrina,
My account is not active though our Talend Alliance Manager DACH has orderd to reactivate my account. Nothing happend so far.
Kind regards,
Hilderich
One Star

Hello Sabrina,
I checked all the *.item files I have worked on via XML validator but the files were well formed XML.
Kind regards,
Hilderich
One Star

Hello All who are interested,
The problem I have now solved for myself because we have not yet a support ticket access.
In the last working session with Talend Studio on Friday I have forgotten to unlock (i.e. a check-in to SVN) a routine (i.e. a Java class)
together with the other DI Jobs. I have realized that by log in to that Talend DI Project by another Talend Studio installation from
another pc. To make it work on my own pc I've removed the directory:
<path-2-workspace>\<project-name>\code\routines\<subfolder>\.svn
Now I can start Talend Studio again and it works. I am glad to continue with work. It shows the SVN component in Talend Studio is not
reliable in every situation.
Kind regards,
Hilderich