[resolved] Talend Stats and Logs

[resolved] Talend Stats and Logs

Hi all,
i'm preparing for Talend certification and i found that in the course material about Stats and Logs it says that if i go (in TOS) to Project Settings -> Job Settings -> Stats & Logs and then check Use statistics (tStatCatcher) for example, then each component that i put in the design workspace, has the tStat§Catcher ALREADY checked in the Advanced section in the component view.
For example it says: "Select all three check boxes" and then "By selecting all three, you indicate that you want to capture statistics, logs, and volume information. " and finally it says "Click the Advanced settings tab for one of the tMysqlOutput components and note that the tStatCatcher Statistics check box is selected to collect information about this component. ".
I tried on my Talend to do this but after configuring properly the Project Settings i found that the tStatCatcher is unchecked both for components already put in the design workspace and the components i put after configuring this.
This is true for both tStatCatcher and tFlowMeterCatcher (Use statistics and Use Volumetrics), also the checkbox "Monitor this connection" is unchecked both for row put in the design workspace before configuring the Project settings and the row put after that.
So, can you please tell me if it's right that checkboxes for components and rows are unselected, and i have to select each one on my own, or those components and rows should have the checkboxes selected?
Thank you

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Talend Stats and Logs

No i'm not referring to that Docs.
I am already certified in TOS 5.3 and Talend Enterprise Data Integration 5.3 and now i'm preparing to get certified in Big Data 5.3.
I'm talking about the Talend Enterprise Data Integration Docs, Module 1 (In the On-Demand course).
I wished to clear this doubt before the next certification exam i'm going to do.
Yes, reading that docs i understood that setting the Stats and Logs in the Project Settings, each component and rows has the check box set automatically.
Anyway, really thank you for both your answers, right now i verified that enabling the Stats and Logs in the Project Settings i don't need to enable them for each component and row.
It saves a lot of time.
Thank you again.
Luca Venanzetti

All Replies
Seventeen Stars

It looks like as a bug in the documentation.
No the check boxes of the components will not affected but this is not necessary. The project settings will be applied to the job if you setup the job settings in Stats & Logs view to "User project settings". At this point all components send statistics and logs to the target defined in the project settings for Stats & Logs.

Hi,
Are you referring to online document TalendHelpCenter: Stats & Logs.
It is unnecessary to check out job setting Stats & Logs if you have already set this in project setting which works on the whole studio.
But you can set context in Stats & Logs of Job Setting instead of Project Setting.
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

No i'm not referring to that Docs.
I am already certified in TOS 5.3 and Talend Enterprise Data Integration 5.3 and now i'm preparing to get certified in Big Data 5.3.
I'm talking about the Talend Enterprise Data Integration Docs, Module 1 (In the On-Demand course).
I wished to clear this doubt before the next certification exam i'm going to do.
Yes, reading that docs i understood that setting the Stats and Logs in the Project Settings, each component and rows has the check box set automatically.
Anyway, really thank you for both your answers, right now i verified that enabling the Stats and Logs in the Project Settings i don't need to enable them for each component and row.
It saves a lot of time.
Thank you again.
Luca Venanzetti

Hi,

Thanks for your question.
We will check this document to see if anything need to be updated.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Sorry to reply in this topic but i found another issue in the Docs, in the Talend Open Studio for Big Data docs (On Demand Training), in the section "Working with Pig" -> Filtering rows -> Configure Filter, it says the component tPigFilterRow allow to specify filters and records that meet those filters are excluded, instead, in the online docs at this link https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tPigFilterRow&content-lang=en
it says the opposite, only records that meet criterias specified in the tPigFilterRow pass, the others are excluded (That is the same behaviour of the component tFilterRow).
May you please tell me which is the right one?
Thank you

Hi,
We will make investigation on it then come back to you asap.
Thanks for your time.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Employee

Luca -
I'm sorry if the materials were not explicit enough. I'll make sure it is in the next revision.