[resolved] Talend Command Line from VBA

One Star

[resolved] Talend Command Line from VBA

Hello guys,
This is my first post here and I am pretty new using Talend. I have used forums like this before and I have always gotten the best feedback; and for what I have read and seen this will not be different.
My current knowledge is limited to the book to the first few chapters of the book "Getting Started with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration"
With all of this said; I am trying to call a Talend job from an Excel VBA procedure. The job will be sitting on the server and the procedures will be called from the users local machines or RDP connections.
The machines are using Windows and the server is running Linux; I am using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (5.3.0.r101800)
I have read some of the posts online regarding this issue but I cannot get it to work outside a machine with Talend installed. I can export the job and then call it using "Shell" as long as Talend is installed on the computer with a VBA routine like bellow:
Sub RunTalend()
Dim strCommand As String

strCommand = "L:\talendjobs\resources.bat"

Shell strCommand, vbHide
End Sub

Can this be even done?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Alfredo

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Talend Command Line from VBA

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the answer. Yes, it does work even with Talend not installed. I have not been able to test it at work yet but I tried it in my school computer and it ran flawlessly.
This is a solved issue.
Thanks once again,
Alfredo

All Replies
Four Stars

Hi Alfredo,
You don't need Talend to run exported job, you just need java.
If VBA can run a command copy, then it should run a talend job... call the batch file which is generated after exporting job and your code should work.
Thanks
Vaibhav
One Star

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the answer. Yes, it does work even with Talend not installed. I have not been able to test it at work yet but I tried it in my school computer and it ran flawlessly.
This is a solved issue.
Thanks once again,
Alfredo