[resolved] StringHandling function in tMap

Highlighted
One Star

[resolved] StringHandling function in tMap

Is there a way that I can use the StringHandling function from tMap in other place?
For example,
I've got this expression typed in tFileCopy, basic settings -> rename -> destination filename
StringHandling.LEFT(globalMap.get("FILE_NAME"),(StringHandling.LEN(globalMap.get("FILE_NAME"))-4))+"_"+TalendDate.getCurrentDate()+".jpg"
But it returned error sort like "LEN in StringHandling method not applicable". While the TalendDate function works here.
I used the similar string in tMap
StringHandling.LEFT(row1.FILE_NAME),(StringHandling.LEN(row1.FILE_NAME)-4))+"_"+TalendDate.getCurrentDate()+".jpg" and it works.
I wonder since I'm able to use TalendDate I could also use other functions. Could any tell me if I've got the wrong understanding or I put it in the wrong way?
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: [resolved] StringHandling function in tMap

You need to preface globalMap.get with the variable type in brackets. Also, getCurrentDate returns a Date not a String. So:
StringHandling.LEFT((String)globalMap.get("FILE_NAME"),(StringHandling.LEN((String)globalMap.get("FILE_NAME"))-4))+"_"+TalendDate.getDate("yyyyMMdd")+".jpg"

All Replies
Seven Stars

You need to preface globalMap.get with the variable type in brackets. Also, getCurrentDate returns a Date not a String. So:
StringHandling.LEFT((String)globalMap.get("FILE_NAME"),(StringHandling.LEN((String)globalMap.get("FILE_NAME"))-4))+"_"+TalendDate.getDate("yyyyMMdd")+".jpg"
One Star

THANKS!!!

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.