[resolved] Store log in a Databases

One Star G47
One Star

[resolved] Store log in a Databases

Hello,
Is it possible with talend to store the logs of insertion, updates and deletion in a table?
I try but i don't know what tools to use!
I used twarn, trowGenerator, tLogCatcher like in the tutorial, it works but i want to apply this in a java application!
For example, when a user add data or update data, the logs of this operation is stored in a table!
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] Store log in a Databases

I suggested you think about a table trigger.

Re:Store log in a Databases

Hi,

I used twarn, trowGenerator, tLogCatcher like in the tutorial, it works but i want to apply this in a java application!
For example, when a user add data or update data, the logs of this operation is stored in a table!

Do you want to store the collected log data(tLogCatcher) in a database?
TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedtats & Logs?
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star G47
One Star

Re: Store log in a Databases

Hi,

Best regards
Sabrina

Thank you for your reply
Yes, I would like to store the errors, warning, but I try first of all to store the history of actions undertaken on the databases
and i would like to use the job in an Java application like a kind of deamon!
Best regards
G47

One Star G47
One Star

I suggested you think about a table trigger.

Thank's for the advice
Is it possible to make a table trigger with Talend?
Best Regards
G47

One Star G47
One Star

Hi,

Best regards
Sabrina

Thank you for your reply
Yes, I would like to store the errors, warning, but I try first of all to store the history of actions undertaken on the databases
and i would like to use the job in an Java application like a kind of deamon!
Best regards
G47

Four Stars

Hi G7,
You can very well use the job like daemon, provided you call the job from the java application and pass required parameters to it.
Vaibhav

One Star G47
One Star

Hi G7,
You can very well use the job like daemon, provided you call the job from the java application and pass required parameters to it.
Vaibhav

Thank's for reply,
But, I do not know what tools to use?
Please i need help
Best regards
G47

Four Stars

You will have to use TOS for data integration, create a job which could communicate with your application.
Please explain your use case in details in order to provide some focused approach.
Vaibhav

One Star G47
One Star

You will have to use TOS for data integration, create a job which could communicate with your application.
Please explain your use case in details in order to provide some focused approach.
Vaibhav

Thank's for reply Smiley Happy
I would like to create an application that allows to audit errors and warning on a database and sent it via e-mail.
Best regards
G47

Four Stars

Your talend job would write to database about the logs...
Create another job to read the database table related to error log and if there are any records, read those records and sent it via email using tSendMail component.
Vaibhav

One Star G47
One Star

Your talend job would write to database about the logs...
Create another job to read the database table related to error log and if there are any records, read those records and sent it via email using tSendMail component.
Vaibhav

Ok i'll try it
G47

One Star G47
One Star

Hey i've try to make it like this, can you give me advice?

Four Stars

Good, this would work. In addition to the error logs, there are two more components, tstatcatcher and tmetercatcher... better you have a look at those. These component may help you to get more details.
In addition to this, tlogcatcher would not provide you with the console trace. You need to make use of some java component in tpreJob to capture complete stack trace for your job execution inside the file. This will help you.
Check couple of blogs for your reference
http://helicaltech.com/logging-using-talend/
http://helicaltech.com/redirecting-talend-console-logs/
You will get some idea based on above logs.
Thanks
Vaibhav

One Star G47
One Star

Good, this would work. In addition to the error logs, there are two more components, tstatcatcher and tmetercatcher... better you have a look at those. These component may help you to get more details.
In addition to this, tlogcatcher would not provide you with the console trace. You need to make use of some java component in tpreJob to capture complete stack trace for your job execution inside the file. This will help you.
Check couple of blogs for your reference
http://helicaltech.com/logging-using-talend/
http://helicaltech.com/redirecting-talend-console-logs/
You will get some idea based on above logs.
Thanks
Vaibhav

Thanks for your help,
But how do i integrate it into an application. For example: when a user insert/update or delete into a table and when a error appear, the software works in background as a daemon application.

Four Stars

Little bit disappointing....
But, In order for this to work, you need to embed your application inside this job and not otherwise... These logs are captured for current jvm session of talend job and not for another...
Redirecting talend console logs are applicable or starts from main job and includes anything till the end of job.
Vaibhav

One Star G47
One Star

Little bit disappointing....
But, In order for this to work, you need to embed your application inside this job and not otherwise... These logs are captured for current jvm session of talend job and not for another...
Redirecting talend console logs are applicable or starts from main job and includes anything till the end of job.
Vaibhav

OK then Smiley Happy
can you help me to do this?
TRowGenerator generates data and insert them into a table, how to say to talend: "i want user insert data with a form then do the job"?
Best regards,
G47

Four Stars

"i want user insert data with a form then do the job"?
then do the job"
>>
Which job?
Any other application is inserting data to table? Form is related to what?
what is the role of tRowGenerator?
Please explain.
vaibhav

One Star G47
One Star

"i want user insert data with a form then do the job"?
then do the job"
>>
Which job?
Any other application is inserting data to table? Form is related to what?
what is the role of tRowGenerator?
Please explain.
vaibhav

The user inserts with a form (for example in php).
I want my job sends me an email when there is a problem with the insertion

Four Stars

php is front end...
whether you are capturing and inserting error info into database, then it is possible. Else, let us know how talend would know about an error which is executing at server side?
Thanks
vaibhav

One Star G47
One Star

I think I must change method to solve my problem! thank you everyone
Best regards,
G47