[resolved] Standalone tMysqlRow component with INSERT query does not insert row

Highlighted
One Star

[resolved] Standalone tMysqlRow component with INSERT query does not insert row

Hi there,
I have a job with two components on it.  A tMysqlConnection and a tMysqlRow.  The tMysqlRow uses the tMysqlConnection.
The tMysqlRow has an INSERT query that I have tested on the db outside of Talend and it works fine.
When I run the job, I get now errors, but when I look in the database after the job has run, there is no new record in the target table.
Is there something I have to do to get the tMysqlRow component to fire?
Regards,
Scott

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Standalone tMysqlRow component with INSERT query does not insert row

Ok, just worked this out.  I had to tick Auto Commit in the Advanced Settings of the tMysqlConnection.  I also added a OnComponentOk connection between the tMysqlConnection and the tMysqlRow components, however that part is not needed to make it work.
Hopefully this helps someone.
Regards,
Scott

All Replies
One Star

Re: [resolved] Standalone tMysqlRow component with INSERT query does not insert row

Ok, just worked this out.  I had to tick Auto Commit in the Advanced Settings of the tMysqlConnection.  I also added a OnComponentOk connection between the tMysqlConnection and the tMysqlRow components, however that part is not needed to make it work.
Hopefully this helps someone.
Regards,
Scott

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now