[resolved] Slowly Changing Dimensions Implementation in Teradata

One Star

[resolved] Slowly Changing Dimensions Implementation in Teradata

Hallo Community,
Recently I am working with Talend Open Studio. And now I want to implement SCD (Slowly Changing Dimensions). But I am using a Teradata database and I don't know how to combine Teradata with SCD. I couldn't find useful informations in the net about my problem. So I hope maybe someone of the community is able to help me.
Thanks in advance,
Leite.

Re: [resolved] Slowly Changing Dimensions Implementation in Teradata

Hi leite90
But I am using a Teradata database and I don't know how to combine Teradata with SCD.

So far, there is no existing SCD components that support for Teradata. Can you open a BugTrack for this feature request, please?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Ok, thank you for the fast answer.
Yes, I am going to open a BugTrack right away.
Leite.

Hi,
If you have opened a jira issue on Bug Tracker, please paste the jira link on forum so that other community users can see it.
Many thanks
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Ok, here is the link to my BugTrack:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TBD-906
Leite.
Employee

Hello,
I moved the topic over to the data integration forum for better visibility.
Best,
Pcoffre.
Six Stars

Hi,
I published a custom SCD component for MSSQL Server. It could be simple to adapt this one for Teradata DB.
If you like and if you have time to spent on this porting, you can find my component here: tMSSqlSCDAdvanced
bye
One Star

Hello,
Thank you for your post gorotman. But I am not so familiar with Talend so far. Do you have any idea how I can adapt your SCD component that I can use it for Teradata too?
best, leite.
Six Stars

Hello Leite,
that component uses standard sql to read and write data on db, through jdbc middleware (connection, prepared statement, binding, etc..). If teradata does not require to modify reading/writing class, probably you need to write only the specific factory class. This is the class that contains specific parameters (separator, date format, etc..). After that, you have to recompile jar and put it in the component folder.
If you want to take a look, in the component's zip there are source class and a short guide about usage and class. Obv, I don't use teradata thus I can't test, but if you need help about implementation, contact me.
gorotman
One Star

Ok, thank you for your help gorotman! Smiley Happy
Yes, I will contact you if I need further help!
Leite.