[resolved] Slow uploading speed to Vertica

One Star

[resolved] Slow uploading speed to Vertica

Hi
When i use in my job some tMSSQL_Input and try to get some data to my HP Vertica output, the speed of rows are so slow! Not more 8-9 in sec. I use Open Studio 6.1.1, before I used version Talend 5.5.1, the speed is beign good. What's the problem?
Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Slow uploading speed to Vertica

Vertica likes to load rows in bulk. That said, what is your configuration for the tVerticaOutput component (Advanced settings)?
There could be other factors at play, such as network speed.
See Vertica Tips and Techniques for Talend

Thank you very much!
The problem is resolved by the clicking checkbox on "Use batch mode". In my last version of Talend wasn't this checkbox

All Replies
Four Stars

Hi Woo,
As far as I know there would not be much difference in terms of performance in 5.x and 6.x.  Kindly check with your commit rows and increase if required!!
Useful URL : https://www.talend.com/ecosystem/company/hp-vertica
Employee

Vertica likes to load rows in bulk. That said, what is your configuration for the tVerticaOutput component (Advanced settings)?
One Star

Thank you very much!
The problem is resolved by the clicking checkbox on "Use batch mode". In my last version of Talend wasn't this checkbox