[resolved] Setting Header with Excel Files

One Star

[resolved] Setting Header with Excel Files

Hi All,
I have some excel files where i need to set the header by taking the data fro 2 cells is there any way in talend to set header or component.Find the screen shot of the sample file.If you see the screen shot my header is in 6th and 7th cells so how can i set header for this kind of files in talend?

Thanks in advance,
Lmit
Four Stars

Re: [resolved] Setting Header with Excel Files

Hi Lmit,
There are two options, talend would create metadata by analyzing input file or if that is not proper, we have to manually create the metadata...
Have you tried create a metadata for your input excel? What problem you faced?
vaibhav
One Star

HI Sanvaibhav,

Thanks for your reply....While processing the metadata for the file.. i am not able to give 2 rows as header.. we can't give header as 6,7 but my requirement is i need to merge 2 cells i will show how i need the output in the scree shot.In the image cell 6,7 are actual headers but i need the header which is in cell 8(which i generated manually).Is there any way where we can do it in talend instead of doing it manually

Thanks,
Lmit
Four Stars

Hi Lmit,
Talend takes the columns sequentially... your 6,7 merged row will be considered as first column and like that... 
your first row which merges 6 columns will be fourth column and and then it will follow columns below merged row in sequence...
Take as talend is taking and at the end for matadata column names, give the required sequence.... You can remove your manually created columns and take this approach.
thanks
vaibhav
Seventeen Stars

You could use the user component tFileExcelSheetOutput. This component in conjunction with tFileExcelWorkbookOpen and tFileExcelWorkbookSave allows you to use a excel file as template (with the header as you want and much more!).
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/index.php?eid=1257&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1
You are also not limited to write all fields in a sequence, you can write in the cells you want and also as comments or hyperlinks.