[resolved] Set session setting to Query Teradata

One Star

[resolved] Set session setting to Query Teradata

I am trying to use Dynamic datatype for list of tables integration using single job..
Its really helpful, thanks Talend.
But saying that, I need a little help to get this working well. My date values from the source are inconsistent, I mean they are 'mm/dd/rr' or 'mm/dd/yyyy' or 'yyyy-mm-dd'. as these are written in same fashion of string value to target, its not working out for me.
My source is teradata, so I tried setting the session dateform to ANSIDATE, which may help here. I am not able to configure the session using tTeradataInput.
Please help to setup values for the session at runtime, as we do in Teradata SQLA. I guess I can use that in different scenes as well.
Appreciate quick reply or any generic job available for the similar purpose.
Thanks,
Rahul

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Set session setting to Query Teradata

Hi,
Schema must be defined during design, not run time. tTeradataInput does support for "Dynamic Schema" which allows you to design schema with an unknown column structure (unknown name and number of columns).
Please have a look at document: TalendHelpCenter:How to process changing data structure?.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hi,
Schema must be defined during design, not run time. tTeradataInput does support for "Dynamic Schema" which allows you to design schema with an unknown column structure (unknown name and number of columns).
Please have a look at document: TalendHelpCenter:How to process changing data structure?.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I was able to manage the date values and its all working fine.
Dynamic data type is a wonderful inclusion...
Pleas let me know to close the request.
Thanks,
Rahul

Hi,
You can click the "Set this topic as resolved" link which is right underneath your initial post. This way, other users will be informed that this thread has been resolved.
Best regards
Sabrina
--