[resolved] Sequence Generation

One Star

[resolved] Sequence Generation

Hi All,
My source is as below ( refer to screenshot which has nulls under C1 column).
My expected output is as below (refer to screenshot which has no nulls).

Kindly assist.
Thanks,
Saty.

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Sequence Generation

Hi id4dsc,
Numeric.sequence(inputrow.c2,2,1)

janhess's suggestion is pretty good. I upload my screenshots to let you understand it more clearly.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hi,
Could you show us your screenshot of your work flow? Which component do you use to get such actual result? And what about your original data? More information will help us to give you a precise answer.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I have the source as in the screenshot ( refer to screenshot which has nulls under C1 column).
And I didn't get the output. I'm trying to do it in MySQL.. But I want to do it in Talend job itself.
Kindly assist.
Thanks,
Saty.

Hi,
From your expected result screenshot, I have seen the sequence is "2,3,4,5,2,3,4,2,3,4,5,6". Is any rule in it?
You can use component tMap and set a local variable for sequence.
See my screenshots
The expression is:
Numeric.sequence("s1",2,1)

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,

The expression is:
Numeric.sequence("s1",2,1)

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of the above expression to generate sequence. But my requirement is as below.

I have 3 unique values under C2 column. If a value under C2 repeats for 4 times then C1 should start from 2,3,4,5.
If another value under C2 repeats for 9 times then C1 should start from 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 etc,.
I hope u have understood this.
Thnx,
Saty.
One Star

you have to base your sequence on the value in C2.

Hi id4dsc,

janhess's suggestion is pretty good. I upload my screenshots to let you understand it more clearly.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Janhess,
Thanks. It is working.
Hi Sabrina,
I have used above expression in my job and got the output. Thanks for reply.

Thanks,
Saty.
One Star

Hi,
Please let me know how achieve not equal to condition in Talend?
Ex: Have Table 1 and Table 2 with fileds as field 1 from table 1 and filed 2 from table 2. Now i want to join these tables and check whether table 1.filed 1<> table 2.filed 2.

Please let me know how I can achieve this..

Hi srk08536,
Please open a new topic for your issue.
Ex: Have Table 1 and Table 2 with fileds as field 1 from table 1 and filed 2 from table 2. Now i want to join these tables and check whether table 1.filed 1<> table 2.filed 2.

Did you see the component tMap. You can join two table and set a condition in it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--