[resolved] Salesforce Bulk API Query

One Star

[resolved] Salesforce Bulk API Query

Hi there,
There have been a few posts on this and unfortunately I still cannot find an answer. I'm trying to do a very simple test Bulk Query from Salesforce or more than 10,000 records.
When I run the job I get the error:
Exception in component tSalesforceInput_2
com.sforce.async.CSVReader$CSVParseException: Exceeded number of records : 10002. Number of records should be less than or equal to 10001
So there is a problem with how Talend handles batches I think. My question is how do I solve this? I cannot find a way to reduce the batch size (if you use the Bulk API in Talend you lose the ability to set the batch size) and so am a bit stuck.
Any help gratefully received.

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Salesforce Bulk API Query

OK problem solved. I was using Talend Data Integration v5.3.1.r104014, I upgraded to v5.4.1.r111943 and it worked fine.
One point to note when upgrading, it complained I was missing some jar files, I simply found them in the old Talend install instead.

All Replies
Four Stars

Re: [resolved] Salesforce Bulk API Query

Have you checked the advance setting as well ?
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tSalesforceInput&content-lang=en
One Star

Re: [resolved] Salesforce Bulk API Query

I have thanks and the Batch Size box is not available. From the documentation:
"Batch Size: Number of registrations in each processed batch. Available when Query is selected from the Query mode list."
So for some reason you cannot set the batch size in bulk mode like you can in other tools such as the Data Loader.
Four Stars

Re: [resolved] Salesforce Bulk API Query

Hi Peter,
You can request a feature to talend and they may consider it as an enhancement to their next release.
Vaibhav
One Star

Re: [resolved] Salesforce Bulk API Query

OK problem solved. I was using Talend Data Integration v5.3.1.r104014, I upgraded to v5.4.1.r111943 and it worked fine.
One point to note when upgrading, it complained I was missing some jar files, I simply found them in the old Talend install instead.