One Star

[resolved] SAP HANA Connectivity Issue with TALEND(ETL tool)

Hi Guys,
We are trying to establish connectivity for SAP HANA with TALEND(ETL tool). But we are unable to establish the connection for the same.
Issue Description:
We have ngbdc.jar installed on the machine, But still When clicked on Install, prompted with wizard to download
the jar file. But "DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ALL MODULES" button is disabled. So not able to download the
required module and hence unable to establish the connectivity.
Please suggest.
7 REPLIES
One Star

Re: [resolved] SAP HANA Connectivity Issue with TALEND(ETL tool)

you can download it directly from browser and place it in talend studio java folder as eg: C:\Talend\Talend 5.5.1\Talend-Studio-r118616-V5.5.1\lib\java and then try to establish the connectivity and see how it goes
One Star

sunil.sunny96you can download it directly from browser and place it in talend studio java folder as eg: C:\Talend\Talend 5.5.1\Talend-Studio-r118616-V5.5.1\lib\java and then try to establish the connectivity and see how it goes

Yes thats what we did, We downloaded jar file placed in the same path mentioned by you and
still "DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ALL MODULES" button is disabled. So not able to download the
One Star

sunil.sunny96you can download it directly from browser and place it in talend studio java folder as eg: C:\Talend\Talend 5.5.1\Talend-Studio-r118616-V5.5.1\lib\java and then try to establish the connectivity and see how it goes

Yes thats what we did, We downloaded jar file placed in the same path mentioned by you and
still "DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ALL MODULES" button is disabled. So not able to download the
Once you place the jar file in the lib\java folder, you just have to drag the required component from the Platte window and it should work. Why are you looking for "Download and Install All Modules" button? Do you see this  icon ?
you can check this for more information https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Install%252Bexternal%252Bmodules%25C2%25A0
One Star

Hi,
I am able to make successful connection using above solution.
But when I am trying to connect to one of the database tables, getting following error:
Exception in component tMSSqlRow_1
java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2311)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.login(TdsCore.java:603)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:345)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3.<init>(ConnectionJDBC3.java:50)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
One Star

from the advanced settings pass this jdbc paramter as -Djsse.enableCBCProtection=false and then try to connect and see how it goes.
which java are you using? 
One Star

Hi Sunil,

Actually it were the sapjco.jarsapjco3.jar, sapidoc3.jar, librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll which I missed to place in my system32 folder.
I have placed them now and got a success.

Thanks for you inputs.
One Star

Pertaining to this topic, I have a question. For reading data from SAP HANA and populating into SQL Server I have to use Talend.
Should I be using Open Studio for Data Integration OR Open Studio for Big Data?
Because when I look into the Data Integration studio I do not find the HANA Components in the Palette.
Similarly which studio to use for SAP BW connection?