One Star

[resolved] Rss feed into PostgreSQL database

Dear all,
I am trying to fetch the data from a rss feed, to format it and to store it into a PostgreSQL database. Probably nothing very complex for Talend, but I still can't get it working!
This is the file I am trying to fetch: http://www.gdacs.org/XML/RSS.xml
So far I managed to download my rss file, using tFileFetch and I guess that the next steps should be tFileInputXML, tMap and tPostgresqlOutput.
I don't really understand how to perform the mapping... Should I enter manually all my xml fields in the mapping section of tFileInputXML? or in the schema?
I found the button "Replace all rows by import from xml file" but it doesn't import anything... Anyway, I wouldn't know how to name my fields: in my xml I have, for example, a <title> in the <channel> and a <title> in the <item>.
I hope this is more or less clear... I'm not yet proficient with the specific terminology!
If anyone can help...
Thanks a lot in advance, :-)
Stephane
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Rss feed into PostgreSQL database

Hi
As a newbie, it is better to create a xml metadata with wizards! Go to Repository-->metadata-->File xml and create a xml metadata with wizards.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi
As a newbie, it is better to create a xml metadata with wizards! Go to Repository-->metadata-->File xml and create a xml metadata with wizards.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Great, I will give it a look and will post back if I'm still confused!
Thanks!
Stéphane