Fifteen Stars

[resolved] Rows per second....where is it??

Little things like this really shouldn't irritate me as much as they do. Does anyone know where in the Preferences the row counts settings is hidden for version 6.0? I assume it is in the Preferences. I cannot find it and have spent 15 minutes hunting. 
Talend: Why has this been hidden and why has it not been documented?! This has been standard for years and (like the source code line numbers) is something that developers rely on and take for granted. If you want to hide things like these by default you MUST make it easy to switch back on. Little things like this are really irritating. Please change your approach.
Rilhia Solutions
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Rows per second....where is it??

For you information, I have confirmed with our R&D team, supporting windows 10 is in v6.1 roadmap.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
9 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi rhall
I think you have disabled the 'Statistics' box in the Advanced Settings tab of Run viewer.
Best regards
Shong
Fifteen Stars

I haven't touched the statistics, but I just switched them off and on again to test your suggestion. The row counts have not worked since I installed v6.0. This is a screenshot of a job I have been mucking around with that has just been run. You can see the Statistics are switched on, yet there are no row counts. 

Below is the same job, just with the output to prove I have just run it...
Rilhia Solutions
Fifteen Stars

Is nobody else noticing the lack of row counts in v6.0?
Rilhia Solutions
Community Manager

Hi rhall
I am using v6.0 on Windows7 64-bit machine, and I can see rows per second, see my screenshot. I don't think Talend hide this functionality by default, we need to investigate why it doesn't work for you.

Best regards
Shong
Fifteen Stars

So there isn't a way to switch it on and off then? OK. Maybe this is due to Windows 10? I have recently upgraded.
Rilhia Solutions
Community Manager

Maybe, Windows 10 is not a compatible platform for studio according to the installation guide. We did't do the test on Windows 10 for v6.0.
Fifteen Stars

Well other than the rowcount, I am having no issues. 
I would urge that Talend make it compatible very soon since Microsoft are going out of their way to encourage everyone to upgrade. But if I have to live without row counts, I have to live without row counts.
Rilhia Solutions
Community Manager

For you information, I have confirmed with our R&D team, supporting windows 10 is in v6.1 roadmap.
Fifteen Stars

Thanks Shong
Rilhia Solutions