One Star

[resolved] Returning Row Count and Dynamic Filename to WebService

Hi,
I have all the data I needed in tFileOutputDelimited that might contains thousand of rows. The tFileOutputDelimited has a dynamic filename and the final output file will be compressed as zip file. The schema for tFileOutputDelimited has 5 columns.
My next step is to send the row count and the filename into a WebService (tBufferOutput), but I can't figure it out. For the tBufferOutput, I only need ROW_COUNT and FILENAME in the schema, and 1 row.
This is what I have now,
tFileOutputDelimited ----> tMap -----> tBufferOutput
My problems with what I have now are:
1. tBufferOutput will have multiple rows instead of a single row
2. I cannot get the final row count from tFileOutputDelimited. I am trying to use the tFileOutputDelimited.NB_LINE.
Can anybody help?
Thanks,
Donny
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Returning Row Count and Dynamic Filename to WebService

Hi mailforvijaym,
Thank you for your help. Storing those parameters in context and using tFixedFlowInput works.
Regards,
Donny
2 REPLIES
One Star

Hi Donny
Sore the row count and dynamic file name in context variable and with the help of tFixedFlowInput --> tBufferOutput with the context variable
to find & sore the row cont in context variable after each insert of row in tFileOutputDelimited increase the context variable by 1 (context variable to be integer) tFileOutputDelimited --> tJavaRow (Main row) tJavaRow should contain context.<NAME> = context.<NAME>+1;
to sore the file name in context variable. it depends how u have given the file name in tFileOutputDelimited.
please feel to ask any clarification on this
One Star

Hi mailforvijaym,
Thank you for your help. Storing those parameters in context and using tFixedFlowInput works.
Regards,
Donny