[resolved] Restore DB Connection table schemas metadata from previous SVN version

One Star

[resolved] Restore DB Connection table schemas metadata from previous SVN version

I'm hoping someone can help. A developer inadvertantly wiped out almost all of the table schemas that were in the Db Connection metadata repository in TIS. Using Tortiose, I did locate the previous version in SVN. I would like to restore that version of the DB connection that was wiped out. I have no idea how to do this and am not well versed in SVN. We are on 5.1.1 of TIS.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Amy.

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: [resolved] Restore DB Connection table schemas metadata from previous SVN version

Trying to revert changes to Talend stuff can have patchy results. The safest approach I think would be to:
1. Create a new workspace and open the project again to make a copy, then close the studio.
2. Using TortoiseSVN "Show Log" for the connection file, find the revision you want to roll back to and save the .item and .properties files for the connection.
3. Rename the files to remove the revision number and use them to replace those in the copy.
4. Open the project in your usual workspace and import the replaced connection, replacing the incorrect one.
5. Delete your copy.

All Replies
Seven Stars

Re: [resolved] Restore DB Connection table schemas metadata from previous SVN version

Trying to revert changes to Talend stuff can have patchy results. The safest approach I think would be to:
1. Create a new workspace and open the project again to make a copy, then close the studio.
2. Using TortoiseSVN "Show Log" for the connection file, find the revision you want to roll back to and save the .item and .properties files for the connection.
3. Rename the files to remove the revision number and use them to replace those in the copy.
4. Open the project in your usual workspace and import the replaced connection, replacing the incorrect one.
5. Delete your copy.
One Star

Thanks for the suggestion. I may try this in our QA project. Just to see if it works ok?
I have never used TortioseSVN before so hopefully I can figure out your suggestion. Thanks for the screen print....that helps a ton.
One Star

I had to figure out how to import from that type of file but I got it. I was able to import the previous version after saving it from the Tortoise browser.
Thank you very much for the help!